Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
They are awesome babies! I may be a bit prejudiced though! I am hoping all girls!
fl.gif
So very cute! I love the Frizzles
love.gif

Here is my blue bantam cochins, I am trying to figure out what is the black one is, I know I bought that chick as a blue, but its black, plus look at its wing feathers, it is different then .

not the easiest to see but the chick in the middle had similar coloring to your black-not saying this is set in stone but similar colors of down

at 4 weeks looked like

chick 2,4, and 5 (from left) now look like

not the easiest to see but the chick in the middle had similar coloring to your black-not saying this is set in stone but similar colors of down

at 4 weeks looked like

chick 2,4, and 5 (from left) now look like

Nice birds, love their colors. Do you think my black one will be kind of splash? I would love it, black would do too.

Mia, ventura show is April 13th....it is one day. Some people have chicks of different breeds but if it is a cochin frizzle you are looking for....they are hard to come by. What color are you looking for.....My niece is in Orcutt and will be starting a blue frizzle project soon,she is in FFA......but how quickly she will be producing chicks is not for sure. If you are just looking for pet quality,your feed store would be your best bet. But hatchery sell out of bantam breeds very quickly,so you shoud ask them to add some for you to thier next order. Some breeders will ship chicks( usually over a month old) but shipping started birds is an additional expense.
As to more chicken people....if you are on FB,look up a group called "California poultry people"....it is a great group of poultry lovers at many levels of knowledge . Hope this info helps and good luck
Thanks for the information =) I know I posted in the frizzle thread. That was mainly do to the result of searching for Ventura, and chicks on the forums. I hope to see your chickies and the show in April.
I am just looking for friendly backyard breeds for pets and eggs. I am very much a beginner so do not know enough to really be selective for other than health and personality. I was planning on going to the show in Ventura for more information, education, and possibly purchasing chicks. I am just happy to find other chicken people in the area! Thank you for all of the feedback, it is very helpful.

Last edited:
Had this posted in baby chick area, but I will ask here since I didn't get get a response there.

I am wondering if she is going to stay small. I have a frizzle that was born around march 7th. I also have some buff oops that are about 2-3 weeks olds. They are twice her size. She is about the size if my barred rocks, they are about 1.5 weeks old. Is she just petite? Is there such a thing as almost bantam?

This is Maddie.

Had this posted in baby chick area, but I will ask here since I didn't get get a response there.

I am wondering if she is going to stay small. I have a frizzle that was born around march 7th. I also have some buff oops that are about 2-3 weeks olds. They are twice her size. She is about the size if my barred rocks, they are about 1.5 weeks old. Is she just petite? Is there such a thing as almost bantam?

This is Maddie.

Looks like a Bantam Cochin/Silkie to me. And from the size you suggested, that would be safe to say. And yes, it is indeed a frizzle.

~Casey

I thought bantam were born extra small. The person I got her from was a first time hatcher. I asked her if she came from a smaller egg and she said no, they were all LF eggs. I actually picked out Maddie and her sisters because they had feathered feet. How lucky I am!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom