Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
also Jen what type of camera are you using beautiful pictures

Thanks! This was my old camera, but I use Nikon full frame cameras - comes with the territory of a portrait photographer :) My chickens don't usually get real portraits taken though, Instagram is my best friend to not make more work for myself :)

Thanks! This was my old camera, but I use Nikon full frame cameras - comes with the territory of a portrait photographer :) My chickens don't usually get real portraits taken though, Instagram is my best friend to not make more work for myself :)

Something told me you were a photographer. im eventually gonna break out my camera and try it on the chickens.

Here is FrizzleBizzle (unnamed until we know if it turns out to be a pullet or roo :) )

4 weeks old this weekend, and first time outside to play!

It's a girl! See the line coming from underneath the eye? Boys have the line coming out from the middle of the eye. And this one doesn't have any comb, whereas most boys are showing a good one at 4 weeks old and feather in a lot slower.

It's a girl! See the line coming from underneath the eye? Boys have the line coming out from the middle of the eye. And this one doesn't have any comb, whereas most boys are showing a good one at 4 weeks old and feather in a lot slower.

Yahoo!!! After having our last multi breed chick hatch be 21 males to 8 females, this is very exciting :)

Im sure the more experienced have a better way but I can usually tell after 3-4 weeks when the combs start coming in....I havent mastered sexing day olds but im sure the pros have a better way.

Im sure the more experienced have a better way but I can usually tell after 3-4 weeks when the combs start coming in....I havent mastered sexing day olds but im sure the pros have a better way.
Same here, but I think that it is hard to sex them when they are day old, that why hatcheries sell them as strait run. Somebody here said that the darn under the eye will be different under girl eye, just a dot and under the boys eyes it is all the way around, well I found it to be not true.

Back
Top Bottom