Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

No secret that I am Craig Hansen or that I raise and show Bantam Cochins. I have a room reserved at the ABA Centenial show at the Ohio National at Columbus also. I will be showing at Bloomington, Ill this Saturday where Jon Alden and I have invited those new to or interested in showing to attend. You can ask almost anything there on the CI site or you can PM me and I will attempt to help..
I'm far, far away from the big chicken shows--I'm in south central Texas, where the shows are nothing like in other parts of the country I'm told. It will be a two-day drive to make it to the ABA Centennial show. I'm going to try to make it a bit of a holiday and stop in at some breeding farms in Kentucky, since I'm a Thoroughbred racehorse person.

I sent you a pm. You may regret being nice to me--I'm a sponge for knowlege.
wink.png

I didn't think anyone said anything too hateful on here but having been in poultry a long time I suppose I understand what is going on.
The newbies don't want their feelings hurt but the long time breeders haven't as much patience anymore with it. We have seen a lot of newbies come into the scene and to weed out ones that take this all seriously we show honesty and directness. If it offends then you probably won't stay in it long because sugar coating is not going to help people learn.

Stay, learn, enjoy and share or find somewhere on BYC that will suit your needs better. This is a huge community.

Getting back on topic, here are my last two white hens. I gave up on the idea of breeding white birds here to concentrate on partridge exclusively.

As a not to those interested, the wings are not tight enough, and the tails are not as nicely rounded as i would like. The general shape is decent though
smile.png

Last edited:
They are gorgeous! My first Cochins were white bantams but now I just have 2 old ladies left and they are living out their lives in a pen being grandmas to some youngsters. They are nice enough to show them to ropes of flock rules without beating the crap out of them.

Getting back on topic, here are my last two white hens. I gave up on the idea of breeding white birds here to concentrate on partridge exclusively.

As a not to those interested, the wings are not tight enough, and the tails are not as nicely rounded as i would like. The general shape is decent though
smile.png
Well if you want my opinion, I think they are beautiful! Why don't my white chickens look white? LOL!

Back
Top Bottom