Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Does anybody raise SQ cochin bantams?? I want to get into showing poultry just for fun.. And Perfect Polish i would like to know the same thing!

Does anybody raise SQ cochin bantams?? I want to get into showing poultry just for fun.. And Perfect Polish i would like to know the same thing!

A lot of people raise SQ Cochin bantams. Their is a club website that you can go to. Just google it-I am not able to post the link now. Anyways if you become a member to believe try give you a list of breeders. Going to show is also a good way to find birds. And knowig things like what variety you want will help greatly, as will location. Now is not a good time to get muh of anything from breeders as winter is a down season for most. Spring is the prime time

A lot of people raise SQ Cochin bantams. Their is a club website that you can go to. Just google it-I am not able to post the link now. Anyways if you become a member to believe try give you a list of breeders. Going to show is also a good way to find birds. And knowig things like what variety you want will help greatly, as will location. Now is not a good time to get muh of anything from breeders as winter is a down season for most. Spring is the prime time

Thank you!!

I have one female partridgie cochin who isn't very fluffy but soft like silk. Should they be like that? She sweet to me and hops up on my lap, I have her so she can be a pet/mom. Are they good mothers or not very?

I've had two LF Cochins, and now have two Bantam Calico/MF Cochins, who both went broody at 6 months of age, after laying about 8 eggs each! They did great! I used five of their eggs and ordered some, and had a 80% hatch. I kept them separate for sitting and for the first 10 days, but mini broody yards next to each other. Took away the "fences", leaving each individual broody house. They all coexisted pretty well, and started co-mothering within about 5 days.

Here are the separate mini-area for each, with Dad Ricky keeping company

Fences taken away, chicks in each mama's house and mixed between them...

I've had two LF Cochins, and now have two Bantam Calico/MF Cochins, who both went broody at 6 months of age, after laying about 8 eggs each! They did great! I used five of their eggs and ordered some, and had a 80% hatch. I kept them separate for sitting and for the first 10 days, but mini broody yards next to each other. Took away the "fences", leaving each individual broody house. They all coexisted pretty well, and started co-mothering within about 5 days. Here are the separate mini-area for each, with Dad Ricky keeping company Fences taken away, chicks in each mama's house and mixed between them...
Beautiful hens and rooster!

so cute!!! i wish one of mine would go broody and i could bring in some fertile eggs!!!
tongue2.gif
ya.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom