Cochin breeding, genetics, and showing

Pics
Quote:
You'll get solid Black and solid Blue chicks. I'm not a frizzle buff, but I think what I've heard is that you get 50/50 on the frizzle/smooth breeding. The nice thing about breeding Blue to Black is that if your Blues have a tendency to show tawniness in their color the Black will help to correct that.

Thanks!
big_smile.png

Quote:
mine is in the mail
big_smile.png

the rooster part of my trio just started molting!!!
hit.gif

i am so bummed.

still got couple week find ur self a replacement

Quote:
the rooster part of my trio just started molting!!!
hit.gif

i am so bummed.

still got couple week find ur self a replacement

i have his brother.. but he isn't nearly as nice, he has been on the ground free ranging, so his foot feathering is TRASHED. PLUS, the brother and a hen are to be donated to the breeders auction at the PNPA show two weeks before Crossroads. It's ok..even though I am pretty sad about it, I do have a trio of calls entered as well....

Quote:
mine is in the mail
big_smile.png

I've got to get my fanny in gear. I've been so much on the fence about who/what to take that I could procrastinate myself right out of the show.

Just ran into a strange issue. I was corresponding with a show secretary. I was changing the bird I had entered from Cock to cockerel. I was using the words on the entry form. His spam filter sent my email to the spam list. I was lucky he actually checks his list before deleting his spam. I will use the word rooster or young /old male in the future when writing to others not use cock or cockerel in email. I could have taken a bird 800 miles and not had him entered.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom