cochin chick roo? and is it barred?

txmel

Songster
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
boerne, tx
here is a pic of my 3 week old cochin. i know its way early but is this a roo? and could someone tell me what color he/she is going to be? it was suppose to be a blue but I'm not thinking that's right.
46766_dscf1938.jpg

46766_dscf1940.jpg

46766_dscf1945.jpg

thanks
big_smile.png

Yep he's barred. I say he because I can already see his comb growing AND the barring is too light to be a pullet. Generally, pullets have dark barring. If you ask speckledhen, she can give you a good comparison picture.

Quote:
oh dear that's not what i wanted to hear, i knew the comb was growing already but that one was the darker of the 4 chicks. i have one that is balck and 4 that i guess are barred. so if the dark barring is pullets that mean i might end up with 4 roos
ep.gif
he.gif

Quote:
oh dear that's not what i wanted to hear, i knew the comb was growing already but that one was the darker of the 4 chicks. i have one that is balck and 4 that i guess are barred. so if the dark barring is pullets that mean i might end up with 4 roos
ep.gif
he.gif

If you post pictures of the other ones that you think are barred, we'd be glad to help
smile.png

Going off the statement Year of the Rooster said about the barring being darker on females.............then I say you have 2 girls and 2 boys in the group shot.

Back
Top Bottom