Cochin Thread!!!

One syllable definitely sounds like a female crow.
thumbsup.gif
It never gets real loud like the roosters crow either. Once they get past puberty it stops, usually. Except I have a Millie D 'Uccle that does this every time she is broody. lol I have had some discussions with people though who just will not believe that they have crowed. A well maybe some day they will hear it too!!!

Thanks ki4got I will get some of that!
smile.png

My blue bantam cochin pullets especially have been known to crow. I wouldnt give up hope yet. What type of crow was it?. My pullets have been very vociferous (is that a word?) over the years and some a real mystery for quite a while. This looks like a female. At this age this looks exactly like a female. How many syllables was the crow? One or more than one?
I agree with this. I had a Columbian pullet that did the little one syllable "crow" or screech, and then quit when she started laying.

I guess I had splash and black mixed up. LOL Unfortunately I somehow cannot post pictures. I have been working on this for at ;least a week now with little improvement. Thanks for posting the pictures.
big_smile.png

I got some pictures today of some of the Red chicks (and some others) I have. Couldnt get a great picture, as they still dont know what I am all about yet. These are what I ended up with, and sure enough, none really show the ticking of black and white in some of their wings. I can tell so far that I have 2 cockerels and 1 pullet in the Reds, and at least 4 frizzles. Just hope they turn out better than the parent birds. Hope you guys enjoy.

~Casey

More Cochins!
Yesterday I got 2 mottled, 2 white, 2 black, and 2 gray/blue colored. A "pair" of each. And a mama hen that is a golden color.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom