Cochin Thread!!!

Columbian Cochins.

I am trying to put an article together about Columbian Cochins. I don't need pictures. Anybody have information on them or is there some information that you would like to see. I have been asked to do this and would like to know what you would like to read and know.

Craig

I agree with Craig.  She is very pretty and has nice type but she is overmarked.  She may even become more white as she ages.  I have one that used to look just like her but now has so much more white. She too has great type and she is a sweetie. 
I am probably going to try breeding her to an under marked mottled roo to see what I get. 

That's what I've done, I put her in with my undermarked frizzled roo. :)

Tony chicks make winter go by faster
wink.png

Agreed!!

That would make a fun video.

Craig, will you article cover Bantams and Large fowl? if large fowl are included. Could you include information on how the Columbian pattern was imprinted on the Cochin?

Last edited:
It was a nice day today so I took some new pics of my Splash Cochins (2 pens):

Pen 2:

My God, they're beautiful.
love.gif

Columbian Cochins.

I am trying to put an article together about Columbian Cochins. I don't need pictures. Anybody have information on them or is there some information that you would like to see. I have been asked to do this and would like to know what you would like to read and know.

Craig
I have no information to share but I would love to read about breeders on the East Coast. I am dying to have some Columbians and patiently(?) trying to wait until summer to find some nice birds to breed. They'll be my first.
big_smile.png
It would be great to get information about breeders here on East Coast so when the time comes, I'll know who to go to.

Back
Top Bottom