Cochin Thread!!!

well, the ages vary in this pen, but they were all between 4-6 weeks old or so... you can see some definite roos.
the partridge on the left is a cockerel, the mille fleur to his right a pullet... they hatched the same day.

these guys are a bit older, but still pretty clear cut pullet vs cockerel IMO...
open the pic for a better view.
(btw, the big baby is one of my colored project dorking pullets, same age as the cochins)

Awwww, so cute. I love the mille fleur pullet.
The Cochins at the bottom remind me of Russian Orloffs.
roll.png

Thanks, HooverHenHouse.

Will the characteristics differ much between large fowl and bantam varieties?

Last edited:
I have a question. I want to purchase a breeding pair, possibly a trio, of Cochins to breed. I would prefer to purchase them from someone in my area. My two options right now are Ed and Marjorie Best and Doddie Truedson. I did try contacting Sheryl Butler but never heard back. Out of these two options, who has the better stock?

I have a question. I want to purchase a breeding pair, possibly a trio, of Cochins to breed. I would prefer to purchase them from someone in my area. My two options right now are Ed and Marjorie Best and Doddie Truedson. I did try contacting Sheryl Butler but never heard back. Out of these two options, who has the better stock?

All three are excellent breeders with excellent reputations.

Brought my two frizzle pullets in and gave them a bath last night since temps were near 70 for the past few days. I think they clean up pretty well. I kept these two for breeding/showing this year.

~Casey

Talking to Casey last night. He is thinking about selling the birds these were bred from. I can't imagine a better opportunity to get proven birds for $100 a pair. There are 2 pair. Smooth male and frizzle female in both pairs.

Last edited:
Talking to Casey last night. He is thinking about selling the birds these were bred from. I can't imagine a better opportunity to get proven birds for $100 .
Your right Craig, I have 2 pairs available. The frizzle male in my avatar is also available. I would prefer him go to someone really interested in using him for breeding and will give him a great home.

These birds are also PROVEN, natural breeders. I did not pluck or trim any feathers last year, nor did I AI. Only reason they are being offered is because I need the room, and have no use for them here any longer. As stated, these were my breeders last year and are the parent stock to my current birds.

~Casey

Last edited:
Casey messaged you on facebook. Ready to roll! Just need your Paypal email.

Thank! Xoxo Annmarie

0277438"]Your right Craig, I have 2 pairs available. The frizzle male in my avatar is also available. I would prefer him go to someone really interested in using him for breeding and will give him a great home.

These birds are also PROVEN, natural breeders. I did not pluck or trim any feathers last year, nor did I AI. Only reason they are being offered is because I need the room, and have no use for them here any longer. As stated, these were my breeders last year and are the parent stock to my current birds.

~Casey
[/quote]

Ki4got
~Wow, the colored Dorking looks a lot like a silver-grey.
Which are the males? If I had to guess I'd say the bird in front of the Dorking... and maybe the one behind, farthest to the right?

Are there any differences in the feathers/coloring of male and female Cochins while they are young?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom