Cochin Thread!!!

So today I thought I would take some Easter photo's with my son and our new cochin pullet. He usually loves the chickens but would not sit still and pretended to be scared of her so he didnt have to sit down. (after the camera was off he was petting her and held her)...so this is how the photo shoot went.

1)Ryland crying scared of the chicken & sitting still
2)photo opp. of Lacy..my kid wont pose but Lacy would
3)finally getting Ry to sit still while he harasses the cat
4)Lacy sunbathes while Ry harrases cat

Disclaimer_he is not choking cat, just overly loving her(mama checked the grip he ad on her lol), thank goodness she is patient with him.

So today I thought I would take some Easter photo's with my son and our new cochin pullet. He usually loves the chickens but would not sit still and pretended to be scared of her so he didnt have to sit down. (after the camera was off he was petting her and held her)...so this is how the photo shoot went.

1)Ryland crying scared of the chicken & sitting still
2)photo opp. of Lacy..my kid wont pose but Lacy would
3)finally getting Ry to sit still while he harasses the cat
4)Lacy sunbathes while Ry harrases cat

Disclaimer_he is not choking cat, just overly loving her(mama checked the grip he ad on her lol), thank goodness she is patient with him.
Your baby is to dang CUTE!

Do any of you guys do artificial insemination with your chickens? I'm trying to breed a LF brahma to a silkie but they are too big for the little silkie hen. I tried doing it but apparently I don't know what I am doing. I can't get the males stuff. I need to know what technique to use. So if any of you guys do this please share with me how to go about this.

Do any of you guys do artificial insemination with your chickens? I'm trying to breed a LF brahma to a silkie but they are too big for the little silkie hen. I tried doing it but apparently I don't know what I am doing. I can't get the males stuff. I need to know what technique to use. So if any of you guys do this please share with me how to go about this.
you can find a video demo on youtube......it is really easy

The video on you tube gives you a start. This article is pretty good.

http://www.cochinbantams.com/a__insemination.htm

Hey all.

Noticed some more peculiarities with my improving partridge project.

As you can see from the side by sides, one of my partridge chicks has white chest feathers coming in. i have noticed this a lot with nearly all the offspring from my partridge cockerel.

Another case in point is one of the f1's from the same partridge cockerel cross to black seen here. You can see the "red" leakage in the feathers, and the white on the chest.

This little girl also has the same white rear as of one of my previous partridge crosses to black, seen here, the boy also started out with a few white specs, then developed a gorgeous white toush.

This all leads me to believe one of three things.

1. My partridge cockerel has white recessive that is coming out in the f1's.
2. Number one plus my black girls have white recessive.
3. Number one and two, plus my partridge girl has white.

The clincher for me is that the partridge x partridge baby also showing the white chest. Leading me to believe it's my partridge cockerel that is producing the white leakage.

Oh well, as long as my cockerel keeps producing gorgeous boys like this one i am happy
smile.png

i may keep this little guy and put him over my two recessive white girls, one has some slight black feathering. Just to see what pops out.

This does throw a spanner in the works of my improving partridge project, as i keep getting the white leakage in the f1's, breeding that out is going to take a while i guess.

Back
Top Bottom