Cochin Thread!!!

Hi again,I thought as you guys were in a helpful mood id push my luck and ask your opinion..I have 2 milli fluer 8-9 week old pullets but im wondering if one may be a roo Exhibit A is what I think could be a roo and Exhibit B is the pullet please let me know what you think many thanks xx

Exhibit A

Exhibit B
My little mille fleur roosters showed major comb growth before they were a month old. There was no doubt at all. I do see more growth on the one you have but I understand the hens develop pretty good combs too. Never raised them before so I might well be wrong.
Let me post photos of them. The first is about at 8 weeks. The second photo is about a month. Ignore the date stamp. My camera date was messed up.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replys I guess it was just wishful thinking as im finding it so difficult to get a nice milli roo there all too white...
Guess ill have to keep searching xx

Thank you for the replys I guess it was just wishful thinking as im finding it so difficult to get a nice milli roo there all too white...
Guess ill have to keep searching xx
the 'lots of white' is simply what's referred to as calico. they have the same genetics as the mille fleur, just variations in coloring... i'd say a calico would work just fine too.

even if the chicks have more white than you'd like, it's at least a starting point...

Last edited:

These are my daughter's 3 Golden Laced Standard Cochin Cockerels. We have them for sale...we aren't breeders and have no use for roosters. We are located in Southeast Wyoming if you know of anyone in this region who might be looking for some. Not sure how they stack up breed wise..the two larger ones won grand and reserve in their trio classes at county fair.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom