Cochin Thread!!!

he is
big_smile.png
I bought him from her just the other day, in truth nearly all my cochins are from her
O- lucky you!! I was going to get him if he wasn't sold before the weather cooled to ship. Is Pj from her to? I have gotten 2 from Amy. A frizzle and a Mottled who recently got killed.

O- lucky you!! I was going to get him if he wasn't sold before the weather cooled to ship. Is Pj from her to? I have gotten 2 from Amy. A frizzle and a Mottled who recently got killed.

he is also. :) I have beautiful blue mottled frizzle girl from her as well as all my MF stock and most of my frizzle stock. Also got some gorgeuos sizzles from her. I'm lucky(or unlucky if you consider my horrible addiction to cochins :lol:) enough to live close by.
I am sorry you lost your girl :hugs

That blue doesn't have the cochin cushion tail, and doesn't look wide enough to be a cochin full blood IMO. But I will let the experts talk... LOL!

He is a full blooded Cochin bantam from ideal. He is only 5 1/2 months old. He still has a little chirp to him. He has a lot of growing to do. I'm getting this boy's son. Mrs. Jacki said he is a whole lot better looking than his dad. LOL!

This is when is was younger.

Last edited:
he is also.
smile.png
I have beautiful blue mottled frizzle girl from her as well as all my MF stock and most of my frizzle stock. Also got some gorgeuos sizzles from her. I'm lucky(or unlucky if you consider my horrible addiction to cochins
lol.png
) enough to live close by.
I am sorry you lost your girl
hugs.gif
My Mf stock has her bloodlines in it. Both my Tuba and Chipper were hatched from a pair purchased from her by Nancy. Amy has some awesome Cochins. Do you have pics of your MFs?

He is a full blooded Cochin bantam from ideal. He is only 5 1/2 months old. He still has a little chirp to him. He has a lot of growing to do. I'm getting this boy's son. Mrs. Jacki said he is a whole lot better looking than his dad. LOL!

This is when is was younger.

I was looking at the one in the front towards the bottom of the pic on the last pic... That one looks like my blue bantam cochin who isn't really cochin through and through lol He has the upright tail and isn't wide and is almost clean legged after his first molt. :) He's the one I was told isn't full blood cochin, and he keeps getting darker feathers except his neck which now has gold leakage.

Last edited:
@mesz5: Sorry but no, she will never fill out to look like these. That is the difference between hatchery birds and show/breeder birds. Your girl has poor type (conformation) and always will. Cochins should have round fluffy cushions, not pointy tails. A good cochin is round.

Last edited:
@mesz5: Sorry but no, she will never fill out to look like these. That is the difference between hatchery birds and show/breeder birds. Your girl has poor type (conformation) and always will. Cochins should have round fluffy cushions, not pointy tails. A good cochin is round.

Ok, that's fine, she's still my favorite and I never intended for any of my babies to be show quality just fun friends!

I was looking at the one in the front towards the bottom of the pic on the last pic... That one looks like my blue bantam cochin who isn't really cochin through and through lol He has the upright tail and isn't wide and is almost clean legged after his first molt. :) He's the one I was told isn't full blood cochin, and he keeps getting darker feathers except his neck which now has gold leakage.

My blue Cochin bantam that I got from ideal. The one in the previous pictures is heavily feather footed. His feathers (hackles, saddles) are just now getting there. He has a good bit to go though.

Back
Top Bottom