Cochin Thread!!!

Flockofbantams that really bums one out when your phone won't work. I use my mobile not my PC for this site. Since the Droid upgrade my phone settings changed and apps misbehave. If you have a Motorola droid that could be part of the issue, trying to help if I can. :)

Its just so hard to say no to free chicks.... :D ;)

I completely understand. Tho is why I now have 13 hatchery laying hens. I knew the guy and he said he would give them to me. Not turning that down! None I have 13 extra chickens that I really have no purpose for besides Petting them (i don't eat eggs). I said I would get them back up to weight (some were a little skinny, but they were all healthy). It has been about 8 months and I still have them lol. I like them

Oh, free chicks!! Bonus!! I wonder if contacting our human society would help me find some more chicks as well. People are turning them loose in town or getting them confiscated.

No she is 2 weeks today I have always had good luck as long as they are about that age but the woman had sold them. My husband is out of town traveling for work though so I have literally spent every minute with her she is sitting on my hand now as I text this lol she is doing well and I have a friend close by whose babies are ready to hatch so hopefully I can get a chicken buddy for her in the next couple of days if not I don't mind her company
smile.png
she can just be a house chicken
smile.png

I would put a mirror in with that chick. I have a little Splash Cochin that has something wrong with it and I often see it sleeping alone on the floor. I gave it a mirror and it likes to sleep cuddled up to its reflection. Helps it feel like its sleeping with someone. They also like to play with the 'chick' in the mirror. I also play my chicks Classical Music when I'm not playing with them. I think the music is also helping my little Splash get better. Classical Music makes them very happy. They love it and get upset when my Pandora turns off to ask if I'm still listening.

flockofbantams aren't your little Splash coming TOMORROW? I'm still waiting for those PICTURES!!
celebrate.gif

Cry Baby is still the only Splash that is normal. Green Legs is doing very well now and is as big as Cry Baby but that one that I said was not doing well (Baby) ended up dieing at 1 week and 1 day old. The day after Baby died I noticed my OTHER Splash was doing the same thing that Green Legs and Baby was doing. I call it Cotton Ball. So far little Cotton is still with us. She is eating and drinking and pooping normal but she is as tall as my other chicks legs. Very tiny. Ever since I started playing them Classical Music she has seemed to be doing better and I have noticed she has grown a bit. She has a 'click' in her chest when she breaths that is worrying me but we'll just have to wait and see what happens with that one.
ANYWHO! My raid took WAY longer then I thought it would so I'm going to go to sleep and post my pictures tomorrow. I feel way too excited and chatty about my birds... -_-

wee.gif
duc.gif

I completely understand. Tho is why I now have 13 hatchery laying hens. I knew the guy and he said he would give them to me. Not turning that down! None I have 13 extra chickens that I really have no purpose for besides Petting them (i don't eat eggs). I said I would get them back up to weight (some were a little skinny, but they were all healthy). It has been about 8 months and I still have them lol. I like them
You might use the eggs to barter. I don't eat very many eggs either, most bake with them, but my friends and people that do work for me are always happy to get a dozen "farm fresh, organic eggs."

You might use the eggs to barter. I don't eat very many eggs either, most bake with them, but my friends and people that do work for me are always happy to get a dozen "farm fresh, organic eggs."

I give them to family, some people that my grandma knows thy can't afford to buy eggs, plus I have one egg customer that my dad works with. I can always find a way to get rid of the eggs-I just didn't need them

Back
Top Bottom