Cochin Thread!!!

Hello everyone. I just came across this thread and thought that I would stop by to say hello. I am the proud owner of a whole flock of pure bred Cochins. I purchased my first birds from a breeder (not a hatchery) who had been breeding for a specific confirmation for over 30 years.
I love my Cochins. Truly gentle giants. This is a picture of Blue. He is the protector of his flock; a real ladies man.

Would this be something you wouldn't want to breed even if they come out of it? (mine are pretty severe, so probably never SQ, but I want to make sure anything I add is SQ)

What age are they since many go through a stage at 3-4 months. Without pictures it is hard to give a good answer.

Glad you want to add SQ birds in the future. I always say keep and use what you have until you have something better in the coop. Then it is time to find a new home for those that do not meet your standards.

This boy started out all blue but he is starting to get a goldish color coming out on his neck. I was wondering if anyone knew his color? Could he possibly be a lemon blue??

Friendship star, he is so handsome! I am partial to blues though. :)

Thank you, Cabinchicky. We sure love him. He is a big boy. We brought him in after dark the other night to trim around his vent. My husband stood on the scales with him, and he weighed just short of 16 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom