Cochin Thread!!!

what color would you call these cochins?

a nice assortment.
wink.png

I see birchen, gold laced, silver penciled, Columbian and buff Columbian.

Hello everyone, I received my frist bantam Cochins a little over a month ago 2 hen's (Hennie Pennie a mille fleur and Bridget a mottled) and a roo (Gator Bait) they had 5 little one's but only one made it (Lucky). I have 5more of their egg in the incubator along with 8 Sultan bantam and 12 polish eggs.

Hello everyone, I received my frist bantam Cochins a little over a month ago 2 hen's (Hennie Pennie a mille fleur and Bridget a mottled) and a roo (Gator Bait) they had 5 little one's but only one made it (Lucky). I have 5more of their egg in the incubator along with 8 Sultan bantam and 12 polish eggs.
oops I put 2 of Hennie Pennie and left out Bridget
I don't have very many pictures of her she hasn't been off the nest all that long

I'm not sure what the age disparity is between your chick and the Craig's List babies, but if yours is only a few days old and the others are two weeks, be VERY careful. Watch them for a while to make sure that your little one doesn't get picked on. I've seen chicks at 1 day old go after a freshly hatched chick. I'm just saying...........................

No she is 2 weeks today I have always had good luck as long as they are about that age but the woman had sold them. My husband is out of town traveling for work though so I have literally spent every minute with her she is sitting on my hand now as I text this lol she is doing well and I have a friend close by whose babies are ready to hatch so hopefully I can get a chicken buddy for her in the next couple of days if not I don't mind her company :) she can just be a house chicken :)

No she is 2 weeks today I have always had good luck as long as they are about that age but the woman had sold them. My husband is out of town traveling for work though so I have literally spent every minute with her she is sitting on my hand now as I text this lol she is doing well and I have a friend close by whose babies are ready to hatch so hopefully I can get a chicken buddy for her in the next couple of days if not I don't mind her company
smile.png
she can just be a house chicken
smile.png

Get her some buddies as soon as possible. A velcro chick is fine for a couple days, but it can get old quick.

Hopefully by Saturday she will have some company, I've never had a Velcro chick but I also raise wild baby birds so I am used to the constant neediness but I also am able to let them back into the wild. I figure it wouldn't be healthy for a chicken to be needy to people it's whole life :/

Hopefully by Saturday she will have some company, I've never had a Velcro chick but I also raise wild baby birds so I am used to the constant neediness but I also am able to let them back into the wild. I figure it wouldn't be healthy for a chicken to be needy to people it's whole life
hmm.png
Yeah, giving her some younger chicks to mother will give her a purpose, instead of a constant need.

Back
Top Bottom