Cochin Thread!!!

ya.gif
Whooopie! congrats on the new birds Austin

I got my little Oliver back! He has all sorts of stuff that would be considered undesirable, lol, but I love him. He was a house chicken for a bit as a baby and loves people. He is also an awesome flock protector, so that's all that matters to me. :)

I got my little Oliver back! He has all sorts of stuff that would be considered undesirable, lol, but I love him. He was a house chicken for a bit as a baby and loves people. He is also an awesome flock protector, so that's all that matters to me. :)
Forgive me if I have just missed something, but you got him back? What happened?

Forgive me if I have just missed something, but you got him back? What happened?
When he was a chick, I rehomed him due to a surplus of boys. I went back to the farm I gave him to for another reason, and saw him. I balled like a baby. It was a ridiculous display lol! I didn't realize how attached I was to him. The guy gave him back to me on the spot. I couldn't keep him at my house though, so my mother in law took him in. They live right next door, so I could see him whenever I wanted. Well my Mother in lasw decided she no longer wanted her 12 chickens including him, so they are coming to live with us. So I got Oliver back. :) I call him Alfalfa sometimes because of the one silly feather in his tail. He is also the only chicken I have ever seen who can do the moon walk. When he gets excited, he walks backwards. It's very strange and funny.

We have lots of Cochins - from giant, frizzle to smooth which we plan on breeding and selling chicks - I plan on a LAV Cochin project even a Isabelle one- we wound up with some stout blue Roos - one who is 1 waddled willy- his other waddle didn't drop poor guy- but still a keeper. =)
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

When he was a chick, I rehomed him due to a surplus of boys. I went back to the farm I gave him to for another reason, and saw him. I balled like a baby. It was a ridiculous display lol! I didn't realize how attached I was to him. The guy gave him back to me on the spot. I couldn't keep him at my house though, so my mother in law took him in. They live right next door, so I could see him whenever I wanted. Well my Mother in lasw decided she no longer wanted her 12 chickens including him, so they are coming to live with us. So I got Oliver back. :) I call him Alfalfa sometimes because of the one silly feather in his tail. He is also the only chicken I have ever seen who can do the moon walk. When he gets excited, he walks backwards. It's very strange and funny.

Awww! Good story with a happy ending!!!!! YAY!!!!!!
Moon walk lol! I wish I could that :)

Back
Top Bottom