Cochin Thread!!!

WOW! What a good man! Congratulations to your son!
wee.gif

This is my flock. I have 7 Cochin mixes and 1 Polish mix. My Cochins are starting to show their true colors and unfortunately I ended up with more boys. I only have 1 large coop and don't want to create a bachelor coop. I feel like every time I get chicks I end up with more roosters than hens. :( Can anyone tell me if my silver cochin is a female? Her comb is starting to turn really red but is still smaller than the male cochin I have that is younger than her.

Posted in a different Cochin thread as well as the WA State thread with no luck so far.

Looking to buy or trade for a young Cochin hen / pullet. Mostly interested in Bantam, but would consider LF as well.

Anyone know where I might find one in Western WA?

Sadly my black cochin passed this week, her first egg broke before she was able to lay it. I found part of the shell hanging off her when I found her.so my Bluebell is hanging with my Brahma bunch more and getting bit more attitude instead of running from my banty EE bunch.

Sadly my black cochin passed this week, her first egg broke before she was able to lay it. I found part of the shell hanging off her when I found her.so my Bluebell is hanging with my Brahma bunch more and getting bit more attitude instead of running from my banty EE bunch.
How sad :(. I am so sorry.

This is my flock. I have 7 Cochin mixes and 1 Polish mix. My Cochins are starting to show their true colors and unfortunately I ended up with more boys. I only have 1 large coop and don't want to create a bachelor coop. I feel like every time I get chicks I end up with more roosters than hens. :( Can anyone tell me if my silver cochin is a female? Her comb is starting to turn really red but is still smaller than the male cochin I have that is younger than her.

Well you are right I can see 4 roosters right off, maybe 5!!! But you need to consider soon what to do with the roosters. My advice......pick the one that is most like what you are trying to raise and get rid of the rest or put one back in another pen just in case anything should happen to rooster #1.
You do not want to allow them all to run with the hens, it is just not humane [again my opinion and advice] the roosters get way too hard on the hens as they mature.

Back
Top Bottom