Cochin Thread!!!

No one has been on for a few days so I thought I would share some pics from some of my bantam and LF cochin I got the other day.

Chuckie

Charlie

London

Paris

Violet

Skeeter

Greybird

And these are some of my Large fowl

This is Elsa

Aurora

Jasmine

ELLA

Hi all, I'm a long-time BYC member and am thinking about "branching" from my fuzzy Brahmas and trying Cochins as well.. Would love to get maybe some BBS, or some laced variety. Open to bantam or LF as long as quality is good. Any leads on eggs? I know laying is slow for most now. I am in GA and prefer not to ship cross country. Thanks :)

Last edited:
No one has been on for a few days so I thought I would share some pics from some of my bantam and LF cochin I got the other day.

Chuckie

Charlie

London

Paris

Violet

Skeeter

Greybird

And these are some of my Large fowl

This is Elsa

Aurora

Jasmine

ELLA
Beautiful birds. Love the frizzles. That is going to be my next addition probably next spring. I have a pair of mottled cochin bantams and a pair of silver laced. Need to find a couple of mottled frizzle hens to add to the group.

This is Big Mama or as the children call her Feather Legs

Can y'all tell me what this color pattern is called? She is the most friendly chicken in my flock. She follows me around like a puppy and she lays way better than I expected (5-6 week). I'd love to cross her with my Biel roo (crele coloring) and I'm curious what would come of it.

my first ever chickens were a pair of blues, Midnight and Shadow. Midnight my hen was killed by a predator a couple of months of me having her, but my precious boy Shadow is still alive and kicking. although he's had a rough time of it. first my New hampshire Red nearly killed him because he wouldn't fight back. and then he very nearly starved to death because he was slower than his flock mates who are juvenile barred rocks and red sexlinks. he isnow back to full weight and happily in a separate pen with one red sexlink hen who he dominate easily. his hen is a little bully so she can't be with the main flock either. Shadow is in my profile picture. he's actually a blue mix i suspect. he's a good two feet tall and can do no wrong. he's baby. when i had Midnight, he would sit in the nest with her while she laid. after he died he stopped showing that kind of interest in the hens. i hope he gets over it in the spring. i really want his chicks.

Back
Top Bottom