Cochin Thread!!!

Haven't been on in a while, @mindylee the color on you Chocolate roo, is beautiful. Nice job! I am just beginning to work on my Silver lace for better type, lacing, cushion, foot feathering. I am also having fun with a new frizzled mottle cockerel I bought this spring. I am hatching cute little mottled smooth and frizzled babies. I have a little girl that is a ball with a head attached. Just so cute.

My bad I meant to tag @WVduckchick on the Mauve post
Yes, I bred my blue with my chocolate. I know it could have produced mauve, but I only got black and blue. It was only 4 chicks lol
Yep I used bantam english chocolate orphingtons X blk and blk mottled cochin bantams to create them. I own blue and self blue cochins. However they are in with my millies during the breeding seasons to make blue millies and porcelain. I bred 2 millie mauve on accident last year before i separated them. But tnose 2 pullets was placed back into the millie pens. I like mauve, just not really focused on that as im trying to get the chocolates as good as i possibly can. :)
Now that is some possibilities for me, as I have those combinations too! My orps are still young at this point, but I have too many males and have been trying to decide which ones to get rid of. Maybe I'll put them in a separate pen with some cochins :) my husband will love that idea...not. :D
Haven't been on in a while, @mindylee the color on you Chocolate roo, is beautiful. Nice job! I am just beginning to work on my Silver lace for better type, lacing, cushion, foot feathering. I am also having fun with a new frizzled mottle cockerel I bought this spring. I am hatching cute little mottled smooth and frizzled babies. I have a little girl that is a ball with a head attached. Just so cute.
Love the little mottled frizzle!

Oh no, my sweet Cochin is limping tonight. Not limping so much as picking up one foot and shaking it twice behind her then putting it down. She's totally weight bearing on it. It's like she's got a pin feather up between her body and her thigh and it's poking her.

I just tucked her into the coop and she got right up onto the roost. So I guess I'll just check her in the morning. Poor baby.

Besides my chocolate project, im also working on calico/millies too. They are also coming along nicely and really enjoy working with them.
♡♡♡

Back
Top Bottom