Cochin Thread!!!

Splash bantam pullet

Use blk with orphingtons. That was what i used in my 1st generation. Im on my 8th generation now with this boy and about a dozen others babies. Only a couple was born blk or blk mottled. The rest are dark chocolate or this milky chocolate in color.

Gorgeous birds! What would this cross be useful for? I'd love to know!

Gorgeous birds! What would this cross be useful for? I'd love to know!

Im trying to breed them true. I 1st used orphingtons in my 1st generation and crossed with blk and blk mottleds. Ive gotten several generations from them and had added another outside pair into the flock to get new lines. The cock bird from that pair carried the barred gene as its popping up in this generation of chicks. I have been trying to improve the quality of type now that i got thr color pretty consistent as well as skin color.
Next spring, ill be adding blk and blk mottled into the program again fot feather quality and type.
These lils are 7th/8th generation into the program and interesting to see what comes next yr.

Im trying to breed them true. I 1st used orphingtons in my 1st generation and crossed with blk and blk mottleds. Ive gotten several generations from them and had added another outside pair into the flock to get new lines. The cock bird from that pair carried the barred gene as its popping up in this generation of chicks. I have been trying to improve the quality of type now that i got thr color pretty consistent as well as skin color.
Next spring, ill be adding blk and blk mottled into the program again fot feather quality and type.
These lils are 7th/8th generation into the program and interesting to see what comes next yr.

Oh they're bantam cochins I thought they were standard I'd love to try and get some standard black mottled cochins.

Oh they're bantam cochins I thought they were standard I'd love to try and get some standard black mottled cochins.

Yep
I used bantam english chocolate orphingtons X blk and blk mottled cochin bantams to create them.
I own blue and self blue cochins. However they are in with my millies during the breeding seasons to make blue millies and porcelain.
I bred 2 millie mauve on accident last year before i separated them. But tnose 2 pullets was placed back into the millie pens.
I like mauve, just not really focused on that as im trying to get the chocolates as good as i possibly can.
:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom