Cochin Thread!!!

:hit
I’ll be watching and hoping it’s not the case :fl
Thank you so much!

:hugs you know if u suddwnly wind up w abuncha extra roos uve got me to help :hugs

To mrs @oldhenlikesdogs hello:frow

We used to be friends at the pond thread idk if ull remember me i didnt post too much. i returned to BYC a few months ago congrats on your badges! Quite the heavyweight now w the educator one! :highfive:

I also have 4 TSC cochin chicks but three of mine are feathering Fast and one slow so sorry whodat luv ya but im on the other end hoping oldhen is right:fl permission to :smack me is granted :lau

Old pics when we forst got them need to take new ones
20190404_174035.jpg

One is totally frizzle :love:love:love
20190404_174043.jpg

Top is my slow grower and i Need a roo to get a few chicks from my old cochin girls i have had them so many yrs and id be so distraught if i lost em n didnt have any of their blood lines left cuz i love them so much. Those old girls are a black frizzle and a jubilee
20161231_110337.jpg

She is a good momma and soons shes ready to set ill def give her some eggs :love

So my question is if that blue slow feathering chick is a roo, what would he produce in my jubille and a black frizzle? Am i screwing up breeding random color patterns to eachother?

:hugs you know if u suddwnly wind up w abuncha extra roos uve got me to help :hugs

We used to be friends at the pond thread idk if ull remember me i didnt post too much. i returned to BYC a few months ago congrats on your badges! Quite the heavyweight now w the educator one! :highfive:

I also have 4 TSC cochin chicks but three of mine are feathering Fast and one slow so sorry whodat luv ya but im on the other end hoping oldhen is right:fl permission to :smack me is granted :lau

View attachment 1737423
One is totally frizzle :love:love:loveView attachment 1737424
Top is my slow grower and i Need a roo to get a few chicks from my old cochin girls i have had them so many yrs and id be so distraught if i lost em n didnt have any of their blood lines left cuz i love them so much. Those old girls are a black frizzle and a jubilee View attachment 1737426
She is a good momma and soons shes ready to set ill def give her some eggs :love

So my question is if that blue slow feathering chick is a roo, what would he produce in my jubille and a black frizzle? Am i screwing up breeding random color patterns to eachother?
I think that whiter one will be a blue Columbian, but I could be wrong. When I bred my Columbian rooster to other colors everyone ended up Columbian. I'm not really up on color genetics yet. I mean to one day, but so far I haven't.

I always just mix colors on my bantam cochins. :) I guess it matters more of you are showing or selling maybe.

Thank on the congratulations. I think you may be confusing me with someone else. I haven't been on that particular chat thread. :)

View attachment 1737423
Top is my slow grower and i Need a roo to get a few chicks from my old cochin girls i have had them so many yrs and id be so distraught if i lost em n didnt have any of their blood lines left cuz i love them so much. Those old girls are a black frizzle and a jubilee View attachment 1737426

Oh yay! Ma gurl gonna bale me out :D...
It’s okay, I’m happy for you! Hopefully mine go against the “norm” and surprise us! How can you tell if they are frizzle?

I think that whiter one will be a blue Columbian, but I could be wrong. When I bred my Columbian rooster to other colors everyone ended up Columbian. I'm not really up on color genetics yet. I mean to one day, but so far I haven't.

I always just mix colors on my bantam cochins. :) I guess it matters more of you are showing or selling maybe.

Thank on the congratulations. I think you may be confusing me with someone else. I haven't been on that particular chat thread. :)

Maybe so i cant much trust my memory :gig

I will sell so ive been following and reading so that i could learn as much about our expectations as possible. These arwnt my main focus though more of a fun side thing to my BLRW and Hona.

Hi, what colours are crossed to end up with gold partridge? They are a gorgeous colour. Anyone breeding sex linked Cochin? Buff over white or black over cuckoo? Does it work? Thanks

View attachment 1737423

Gorgeous chicks! :love

Hi, what colours are crossed to end up with gold partridge? They are a gorgeous colour. Anyone breeding sex linked Cochin? Buff over white or black over cuckoo? Does it work? Thanks

Not sure how to get partridge. But you can get sex linked by using any barred/cuckoo hen with solid roosters. Male offspring will have white head dot.

Back
Top Bottom