Cochin Thread!!!

Quote:
Glad to see you back...and I like your website
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Just so you know, Brown Red is Laced,something look just a bit out of place with your hen. According to the ABA standard, red feather with black middle running to a point. I think your hen has it reversed. Beautiful hen !

Quote:
Why doesn't that surprise me that you bought one of those pairs?!? LOL!! I went to send you an email back and my computer crashed! UGH! So I didn't forget about you, I've been having some computer problems. I'm taking tomorrow to spend the day fixing it. That's what I get for buying an HP on an impulse!

Laurie

Quote:
Why doesn't that surprise me that you bought one of those pairs?!? LOL!! I went to send you an email back and my computer crashed! UGH! So I didn't forget about you, I've been having some computer problems. I'm taking tomorrow to spend the day fixing it. That's what I get for buying an HP on an impulse!

Laurie

They re-listed the other pair...the hen looks really nice, besides being torn to shreds , but the rooster in that pair was sort of narrow in the back end, I thought.
hu.gif
They're on Ovabid if anyone's interested. The seller's very nice. Mine are shipping in another week, after Veteran's Day, just to be perfectly sure there's no chance of them getting stuck at a post office for an entire day.
smile.png

Anyways, I was reading some of the discussion on Mottleds a few pages back, and I thought I post a few pictures of my little 5-week-olds. I have 7 left of the original 8 that hatched - lost my little runt Black Mottled boy about a week ago.
sad.png

The Black Mottleds:
11-7-2010Cochins013.jpg

My favorite little Blue Mottled girl, Hallie (there's a boy too, but he wouldn't hold still for a picture):
11-7-2010Cochins012-Hallie.jpg

And these two are just Blues, but they deserve a picture too:
11-7-2010Cochins007.jpg

Definitely all in that ugly stage!
big_smile.png

Quote:

Laurie

They re-listed the other pair...the hen looks really nice, besides being torn to shreds , but the rooster in that pair was sort of narrow in the back end, I thought.
hu.gif
They're on Ovabid if anyone's interested. The seller's very nice. Mine are shipping in another week, after Veteran's Day, just to be perfectly sure there's no chance of them getting stuck at a post office for an entire day.
smile.png

Anyways, I was reading some of the discussion on Mottleds a few pages back, and I thought I post a few pictures of my little 5-week-olds. I have 7 left of the original 8 that hatched - lost my little runt Black Mottled boy about a week ago.
sad.png

The Black Mottleds:
http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/Sweetfolly-Annarie/11-7-2010Cochins013.jpg

My favorite little Blue Mottled girl, Hallie (there's a boy too, but he wouldn't hold still for a picture):
http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/Sweetfolly-Annarie/11-7-2010Cochins012-Hallie.jpg

And these two are just Blues, but they deserve a picture too:
http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/Sweetfolly-Annarie/11-7-2010Cochins007.jpg

Definitely all in that ugly stage!
big_smile.png

Those little babies are just the cutest! I love cochins period but mottleds have become my favorite.
Thanks for sharing your babies.
thumbsup.gif

I really wasn't all that keen on either pair because of the condition of them. I don't know...maybe I'm turning into a snob in my old age. LOL

Every single one I hatch out of mine has turned ito a cockeral. I'm not happy. I threatened them with the frying pan and told them I wanted to see some hens! LOL I love my Columbians but that poor man that hatched out 16 and ended up with 13 cockerals...I have to feel for him. I have a new male. I have to check to see how old he is. But I was hoping to hatch out some hens for him. Ummm its not working!

Laurie

I wanted columbians but it just never worked out. I bought hatching eggs last year and had a neighbor incubate them for me with not luck. I really think it was the neighbor and not the eggs. I guess that is what happens when you have no control over their prcatices.... I got them from a fellow BYCer that had very good quality columbians and she seems to have a good reputation on here.

I would love to have some one day but I dont have the room now that I have mottleds.

Congrats to Tom for his multiple wins at the Maryland show this weekend. I do hope you will share pics, especially of your Champion White Bantam Pullet!!

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Quote:
How in the world did you find out so quickly?

As luck would have it I took a couple pictures for a Poultry Press Ad last night when I got home.

Maryland State Poultry Fanciers Association 2010

Show Champion
15970_dscn0922.jpg

Reserve Asiatic
15970_dscn0895.jpg

BV Large Buff
15970_dscn0897.jpg

Back
Top Bottom