Cochin Thread!!!

thecochincoop- i got 2 of the pullets from ideal poultry (day olds), and the actual cockeral i got from a woman who ordered from mcmurray (at about 6 months old). i am very pleased with them for hatchery birds! they arent super mottled, but im hopeful after a moult or two they will gain more mottling
big_smile.png

one of the pullets that came from ideal (who i grew out) is missing the toenail on her middle toes, so we will see if that passes along, hopefully the rooster having all his digits will pass to the offspring! or else i will take her out of the breeding pen
hmm.png

Last edited:
Here's my new Lemon Blue roo - thanks to swheat!

7083_jake10710a.jpg

And here's my new Partridge roo - thanks to Mike and a well known breeder in NY!

7083_jamie10710.jpg

I can't wait until Spring and the 2010 hatching season!!
big_smile.png

Okay I am just going to sit here and DIE over the word BLOB. I have a bunch of growing out hatchery bantams and BLOB is it. Funky little softballs with feather feet. I love the wee suckers dearly. What fun... okay now I need more cochins...LF this time... anyone know someone with silver laceds? or GL?

You people are killing me with envy...

I bought this cochin because I liked her curly feathers. I bought 4 (or is it 5?), and this is the only one like this. How does that happen, anyway? This is the first time I have had a cochin. Another question ... do they make funny noises? I have one that doesn't really sound like a chicken, but makes a funny noise. Do they all do that?
idunno.gif

31282_1-07-09_halloween_hatch_growth_065.jpg

Last edited:
Crazy feathers! Is it a Silkie cross? He looks like he has a bit of a crest. I have two lavender Cochin boys whose feathers are kind of twisty, but yours looks filligree! Really interesting.
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom