Cochin Thread!!!

Quote:
A shame you don't live closer, I have several growing up from my little flock. Pictured below are my hens but that is a MFC project roo in with them at that time. I need to get a photo of my Mottled roo and hens now that they are more mature and are finishing up another molt. They just get prettier and more typy.

9332_keeper_n_mot_hens_6-10.jpg

This is a young son of my mottled group that hasn't gotten much in the way of white yet but he has a few specks.

9332_blk_6_mth_4_sale.jpg

And you can see I have a ways to go with my Silver Laced bantam kids.

9332_decent_sl_roo.jpg

9332_slc_hen.jpg

Quote:
Very pretty birds. Love the SL, if possible I would like to acquire some from you? These are the best I have seen to date, and would love to work on this color as well.

~Casey

Quote:
Yea its funny how we met again on here. Your close, I am 20 now.

Mr. Ree :

Very pretty birds. Love the SL, if possible I would like to acquire some from you? These are the best I have seen to date, and would love to work on this color as well.

~Casey

If you want pm or email me in the spring and i might have some extra birds or maybe eggs.​

Quote:
Yea its funny how we met again on here. Your close, I am 20 now.

Mr. Ree :

~Casey

If you want pm or email me in the spring and i might have some extra birds or maybe eggs.​

I keep going back to look at the pics of your birds - they are so inspiring!
I see alot of nice different breed of beautiful chickens but I have never even doubted my choice to raise Cochins.

Quote:
A shame you don't live closer, I have several growing up from my little flock. Pictured below are my hens but that is a MFC project roo in with them at that time. I need to get a photo of my Mottled roo and hens now that they are more mature and are finishing up another molt. They just get prettier and more typy.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/9332_keeper_n_mot_hens_6-10.jpg

This is a young son of my mottled group that hasn't gotten much in the way of white yet but he has a few specks.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/9332_blk_6_mth_4_sale.jpg

And you can see I have a ways to go with my Silver Laced bantam kids.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/9332_decent_sl_roo.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/9332_slc_hen.jpg

I love your Motties. I hope mine, that are 7 weeks old now, turn out as round and fluffy.

Anyone going to NE Poultry Congress in Massachusetts in January? I'm going to check it out. Never been to see a real chicken show before!
I think I'm also going to look to pick up a couple bantam hens, hopefully a mottled and a partridge. Just curious if maybe I should do a little networking ahead of time or wait and take my chances at what's there & available.
~Terry

I would contact some breeders in the area or who may be attending this show and see what is available for you at the time of this show. It would be alot easier than waiting and hoping what your looking for will be there. I know Jamie Matts lives in NY and he usually attends this show, maybe try contacting him about Partridge and Mottled.

~Casey

Yes, if you want really nice Mottled Jamie Matts has some great ones! My roo is supposed to be from his line but I can't verify that since I bought him second hand. I adore his shape so he came from someone that knows what they are doing. The photos of Jamie Matts Mottleds are stunning.

I've got some 3 day old Bantam Cochins. I'm brand spankin' new to this, so I was wondering if you experts could help me on the colors of these chicks!
big_smile.png

Black?
individuals013.jpg

Red?
individuals014.jpg

Buff?
individuals028.jpg

And the mystery color!!! I have yellow peepers that I am pretty sure are whites, but there are 3 of these that have darker stripes on thier backs.
individuals004.jpg

Am I close?
hide.gif
Thanks for any guesses!
frow.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom