Cochin Thread!!!

Well, I finally got some pictures taken so here's what I got today. I lost the good pictures of the birchen cockerel so I'll have to go back in the morning and give it another try.
This is Lacy the hen, she has the most beautiful head and face I've ever seen on a chicken:
lacy.jpg

This is the roo and his son immediately behind him. As I said, don't know what happened to the good pics of Junior. Please excuse George, he still has a few sunburned feathers left here and there. He's almost done with a painfully slow molt.
george-son.jpg

These are the new birchen pullets that are gorgeous!
pullets2.jpg

As you can see with Lacy, she is drop dead gorgeous, but she would and should be disqualified because of her coloring. All that lacing is a fault even if it is beautiful.

Here are the buff barreds:

One of the roos:
roo1.jpg

Another roo:
buffbarredroo2.jpg

Sorry about the boys feet. They stand on the side of the water bowl and get their feet soaking wet so the feathering looks stringy.

This is the nice pullet:
buffbarredpullet.jpg

Quote:
Nancy,
You're right about Lacy - just gorgeous! Not really being familiar with Birchens, I had to grab my SOP to see what they said about the lacing. Back and tail - no lacing - that's a shame. I would give anything to have feathers that wide on the tails/cushes of my GL's!! Heck, I'd love to see feathers like that on any of my Cochins! Even if you can't show her, I hope you can find a good mate for her. It would be a shame to not be able to use her in your breeding program. Hopefully you have a male that she can compliment.
~Gail

Last edited:
Quote:
that is a blue mottled. they are supposed to be a really dark blue with almost black neck like that

Oh, neat! Thanks thecochincoop, and cochin123 for informing me
smile.png

Last edited:
I just went out to check on the chickies (check to see if water is frozen) and I had a surprise. I got my first egg from the bantam chicks hatched this summer. It is a little tiny egg, but I'm excited to get it. I'm not sure which of the girls layed it (i have 3 in that coop). anyway, I thought i'd share with someone who might understand and share my eggcitement.

Robert

Back
Top Bottom