Cochin Thread!!!

I don't know if any one knows the breeder, but my 4-H leader is very good friends with Bill Sirrine, he has beautiful Cochins and is a master breeder of Modern Game Bantams. Any ways he dubbed my brother's OEGB for him and I got to see all his stock and his breeding pens. Boy is he the real deal! I think i fell in love with Cochins today! Like... OMG! I talked to my 4-H leader and she said I could get some Barred eggs from her and hatch them! So im going to do that this year with all my other projects, she has really nice Barred Cochins, SOOOO Excited!
ya.gif

Its going to be 20 below out around where I am with a wind chill. My coop is sealed and very weather proof, but it has been in the shade all day. Should I bring the bantams inside for tonight ? I am so worried about combs and toes
sad.png

Quote:
I don't know
hu.gif
It's supposed to be getting cold here, too.

hmm....Well I moved them all onto the same roost so they can all huddle together. I hope there okay !
fl.gif

Quote:
Uh Oh, Ian... Cochins are addictive. Be careful!
wink.png

On a side note, I see a swap in our future. I would love some barred babies, and I know you want some Mille's right?
celebrate.gif

Sounds good to me!!!

Quote:
I've been worrying about the same things, even thought of bedding everyone down in straw and covering them over with a blanket for the night. Sounds kinda crazy but, I'm trying to think of new ways to keep them warm. I feed warm scrambled eggs at night before dark, helps keep them warm throughout the night.

Back
Top Bottom