Cochin Thread!!!

Quote:
In my experience, I have had them with red like that and them turn into hens ! Sometimes the wattles don't grow anymore than that !

fl.gif
goodluck
Mark

TheWarden, bad news is .... YES, they're all boys... MAYBE the one all the way to the left is a pullet ... dunno

The good news is they are beautifully colored already. Bet, you're gonna have some lookers
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
OMG, Mary~! Do you have the luck or what???
smile.png
I concur with Msbear. Three boys
he.gif
and "possibly" one girl.
fl.gif

PS Check the thickness of the legs. The boys "always" have thicker legs than the girls. Perhaps the chick to the far left has slimmer legs
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
OMG, Mary~! Do you have the luck or what???
smile.png
I concur with Msbear. Three boys
he.gif
and "possibly" one girl.
fl.gif

PS Check the thickness of the legs. The boys "always" have thicker legs than the girls. Perhaps the chick to the far left has slimmer legs
fl.gif

Well, somebody better be sending me some hatching eggs!
barnie.gif

Hello Cochin peeps!
big_smile.png
Had no luck in the breeders section so I decided to try here in the Cochin thread right?
tongue.png

I'm sort of the poultry person for my 4-H here. I had a parent call me that asked if I knew anyone that raised Standard Black SQ cochins for her kids to show and breed in 4-H and when they get old enough then into Open Class.
smile.png
Would be better to find someone in Indiana but she has considered ordering eggs and then dropping them off here for me to hatch.

If anyone knows anyone here or would be willing to sell some eggs to her. I don't think her kids know yet! It's a surprise for them! so shhh!
wink.png

Please pm me about it I'll check back here as often as I can!

Thanks everybody!
AC

Back
Top Bottom