Cochin Thread!!!

Here's my newest additions to the flock, all large fowl from a private breeder in Michigan

Blue cochin
11594_newchicks4.jpg

Partridge cochin
11594_newchicks3.jpg

Here's the lot of them
11594_newchicks1.jpg

I have a new picture of my Bantam Roosters to share, taken this afternoon!
smile.png

ChickensDucks010.jpg

And my Bantam Columbian eggs are on Day 20 in the 'bator, and should start hatching any minute - 8 of the original 12 that were shipped made it to lockdown!
celebrate.gif

OMG- Annarie They are Beautimous!! Are they black? I have black & blue cochins in the octagon now...waiting on an April 15th hatch date. BTW- My bantam air cells look HUGE to me...Wish I could get pics...let me know how yours are doing.

Quote:
Thanks!
smile.png

The guy in the front is Black, and the one behind him is Blue. They've really filled out in the past two months, and they still have pin-feathers coming in all over the place - they turn 7 months old this week!

When I added water to the 'bator for the last time this morning 5 of the 8 Columbians had internally pipped - it won't be long now! My two roosters pipped on the morning of Day 21 and were out by dinnertime, so I'm hoping the same holds true for this batch!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to post pictures of my cochin hatch from yesterday!
They are so adorable!
The one on the far left is the ONLY one to hatch from the eggs I ordered from Scott...
hit.gif

The rest are Blue & are from
34160_img_0979.jpg

I have no idea what I have for color: My favorite one is the pretties silver blue!

Back
Top Bottom