Cochin Thread!!!

Quote:
me too

Just checked out your FB page, LOVE your Shelties~ I used to raise Shelties, I miss them, they are beautiful little dogs~

you want a puppy im shure i make u deal

Quote:
Just checked out your FB page, LOVE your Shelties~ I used to raise Shelties, I miss them, they are beautiful little dogs~

you want a puppy im shure i make u deal

I wish I could have one~ I have a little Cocker Spaniel that would be very upset with me if I brought home another puppy!

Quote:
sorry but she is not frizzle so she cant have frizzle gene

That statement isnt true. Any bird can carry the frizzle gene. You do not breed two frizzles together. You always breed a frizzle to a smooth, and the smooth bird does not have to carry the frizzle gene to produce frizzled offspring. As long as you breed a smooth bird to a frizzled bird you will get some chicks that are frizzled, wether or not the smooth is carrying the frizzle gene, and some birds that are smooth. Just because a bird is smooth doesnt mean it doesnt carry the frizzle gene, if one of this birds parents was a frizzle then she indeed carries the frizzle gene. A bird doesnt have to be frizzled to be carrying the frizzle gene.

~Casey

Edit: Typo. Heehee

Last edited:
Mr. Ree :

Quote:
sorry but she is not frizzle so she cant have frizzle gene

That statement isnt true. Any bird can carry the frizzle gene. You do not breed two frizzles together. You always breed a frizzle to a smooth, and the smooth bird does not have to carry the frizzle gene to produce frizzled offspring. As long as you breed a smooth bird to a frizzled bird you will get some chicks that are frizzled, wether or not the smooth is carrying the frizzle gene, and some birds that are smooth. Just because a bird is smooth doesnt mean it doesnt carry the frizzle gene, if one of this birds parents was a frizzle then she indeed carries the frizzle gene. A bird doesnt have to be frizzled to be carrying the frizzle gene.

~Casey

Edit: Typo. Heehee​

how is this faults she has smooth hen witch with out breeding her to a frizzle can not produce a frizzle

Because if this birds parents were a frizzle and a smooth the bird still carries the frizzle gene. It is just recessive and does not show on the bird physicaly, thus the feathers are smooth. To produce good frizzles you need one dominant and one recessive gene to get the ideal frizzled bird, two recessive genes makes a smooth(ff), two dominant makes a "curlie/frazzle"(FF), and one recessive and one dominant give you an ideal frizzle(Ff). This is why in theory when breeding you get 25% frizzles, 25% curlies, and 50% smooth.

~Casey

if ff is smooth then it dosent have a frizzle gene it has two non frizzle genes
other whise if u breed to non frizzles to geather u get frizzle babies witch u dont

I need to downsize for winter, I have a couple Splash cockerels and some Mille Fleur project birds (started birds, 2-3 months old). I can bring them to the MD State Poultry Fanciers Show 11/5, but would prefer to sell them before then. They are listed in the BST section.

Back
Top Bottom