Cochin Thread!!!

I would like to get into some cochins, and was wondering if there is anyone in north alabama or south tennessee who has them?

Some folks up here in New England are starting to work on them :)

Also....drum roll please.....FRIZZLED
lol.png

Im waiting to find some decent LF White Frizzles. ;)

~Casey

Need some advice:

I have my first broody bantam cochin - she only has one of her own eggs but I've put 5-6 other bantam cochin eggs under her - this is the second day
She is in a big coop/pen with 15 other bantam cochins (2 roos, 13 various aged pullets - 10wks. to 8months)

Should I move her & eggs to a coop/building that we built for the purpose of using as a nursery - isolation - grow out pen or will she be fine in her coop with the others during incubation, after hatch etc.?

thanks

Also, how many LF eggs can a bantam lay on?

Need some advice:

I have my first broody bantam cochin - she only has one of her own eggs but I've put 5-6 other bantam cochin eggs under her - this is the second day
She is in a big coop/pen with 15 other bantam cochins (2 roos, 13 various aged pullets - 10wks. to 8months)

Should I move her & eggs to a coop/building that we built for the purpose of using as a nursery - isolation - grow out pen or will she be fine in her coop with the others during incubation, after hatch etc.?

thanks

Also, how many LF eggs can a bantam lay on?
I'm new at this, but last spring I had 2 broody bantam cochins. I moved them out of the big coop to their own space. I even sperated the two of them, because they kept switching nests !! I put 6-8 LF eggs under each one. The eggs were large, not x-large or jumbo.

I kept each momma with her chicks until I was sure they had a good start.......................... about 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom