Cochin Thread!!!

AndyCap Thanks for taking a look. As soon as I can get Dave to get more photoes will post. The blues feet are yellow. I am hoping they will improve as they mature. I really do not have plans for the partridge other than eggs. The mottled cock I like but is that an accepted variety? I didn't see one on the standard page. I like the blues and blacks I have one adult black but know she is not rounded enough tho is a nice little gal and a good mom I didn't keep her chicks. So far the only one even close to the standard is the cock and that is just to my very uneducated eye. once again thank you.

Last edited:
Ok so what I thought was a blue bantam cochin must not be... He has no feathers on his lower legs/ feet anymore! He's been growing a bit and within the last three days he's lost all the leg and foot feathers. The black bantam cochin is still feathered and has the shape thy are supposed to, the blue lost some fluffiness, and has less of the cochin tail shape and more of a regular shape. Will get a pic and post as soon as I can.

Ok so what I thought was a blue bantam cochin must not be... He has no feathers on his lower legs/ feet anymore! He's been growing a bit and within the last three days he's lost all the leg and foot feathers. The black bantam cochin is still feathered and has the shape thy are supposed to, the blue lost some fluffiness, and has less of the cochin tail shape and more of a regular shape. Will get a pic and post as soon as I can.
If he had foot feathers then wouldnt he still have to be able to grow them? I read somewhere on here that birds will sometimes pluck the feathers out, leaving them barelegged.

Could anyone tell me the highest I can put a roost for bantam cochins? I currently have my roosts in a step setup, the lowest about 18" from the floor but I would like to switch to a single perch all the way across the 8' coop with a poop board under. I would like to put it as high as possible, but still be able to make the jump.

Last edited:
how old is it?

Both bantams are about six months old. I am trying to look at some earlier pics and see if he had leg feathers bcoz a friend says she never saw them lol I swear he did... But still looking for proof!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom