Cochin Thread!!!

Hey everyone! Im thinking about getting some bantam cochins. I saw some at a trade sunday that looked like they were blue splash, couldve been lemon blue splash as well or even just had some brassy colored feathers. Im sure theres blue splash, but what about lemon blue splash or am I making that up? Lol. I like the more unique colors like that, so please share pics of yours so I can decide what colors to get! It would take me ages to go back through this thread to look for pictures, lol. Thanks! :)

Hey everyone! Im thinking about getting some bantam cochins. I saw some at a trade sunday that looked like they were blue splash, couldve been lemon blue splash as well or even just had some brassy colored feathers. Im sure theres blue splash, but what about lemon blue splash or am I making that up? Lol. I like the more unique colors like that, so please share pics of yours so I can decide what colors to get! It would take me ages to go back through this thread to look for pictures, lol. Thanks! :)

google cochins international. all the recognized varieties are listed there with pictures of each variety. and some of the unrecognized varieties too.

thanks for reply....i obviously havent been back on here in awhile! she started laying finally! today she started clucking like a momma hen does...she is soooo weird....but very cute!

A few of my bantam Cochins.
I try to breed as good of birds as I can but sometimes I have to do the best I can with what I have. My best birds are my Blacks but my real passion is the rarer varieties that are APA and or ABA recognized varieties. Progress is measured in different ways for certain varieties.

A few of my bantam Cochins.
I try to breed as good of birds as I can but sometimes I have to do the best I can with what I have. My best birds are my Blacks but my real passion is the rarer varieties that are APA and or ABA recognized varieties. Progress is measured in different ways for certain varieties.

They are beautiful! Nice work!

well, cross fingers! my first 5 silver laced chicks have hatched! granted 2 of the girls are incompletely laced. and one of them has gone broody now, so maybe i'll get more chicks from my completely laced girl now. my one chick hatched from the shipped eggs I got from the same breeder the roo came from is a cockerel. but he's staying for backup. at least for now...

I STIL want some of Craig's laced birds tho. ;) I think they would improve my guys immeasurably!

Question for Black Cochin.....in the 4th pic ? What color are those black and white birds?
Is that called Colombian?
Also there is a red roo in with them, is this what you are going to breed them too?
Do you have any pics of those black/whites as chicks???
They are extremely pretty!

Back
Top Bottom