Cochin Thread!!!

He feathered really slowly compared to the other cochin pictured below looking all smug. They sneaked into my container garden today. Then his waddles showed up all bright red and confirmed my guess. Im hoping hes a lavender but he's probably a very light blue....but maybe lav :D

He is very much in his awkward faze but something about his posture and attitude makes him very cute. I do believe he is lavender. Here is my guy when he was in his awkward faze. I think the color is the same.

I just adopted 2 Cochins. I was told one white and one blue splash. I have never had Cochins nor have I ever heard of the breed until a couple days ago. I was told they were born on May 3 and I put them in with my now 7 day old Chicks Born on the 7th (Brahmas, Australorp & Barred Rock) they are HALF the size of the younger girls. Could these be Bantams? How would I know? I heard they were suppose to be large birds (8lbs). They seem to get along alright with the others. If they are Bantams however I am afraid to integrate them with my older girls when the time is right (they are all large fowl and right now 1 year old and some that are 2 months old) Just trying to plan ahead in case I have to build yet another coop lol.

These are my two LF boys. I' trying to decide who I'm keeping, but they are awfully young still. Just 2 months. Going by head shape, which one has the potential to mature nicer? Sorry pics aren't great.

The four LF chicks and the bantams.

ok, can anyone (joanie?) post pics of day old buff and red cochin chicks together? I've had both my sq buff roo and my red from Joanie in with the red girls, and I think I'm getting some of both but not sure. LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom