Cochin Thread!!!

Here is my banty Cochin"Ashly" I love her little fluffy butt! I do have a question though. Can I trim the feathers on her feet so they don't get married with poo and junk?

Well I can only hope one of my girls turn out like that. Beautiful girl congrats. Did you hatch her?

No I didn't. She is going to be my founding hen though. I just need to find a good smooth rooster.

I may get another hen for breeding.
Also some Buffs for my free range

Thanks! He is hilarious and has quite the personality! He's getting huge eyebrows too so he looks grouchy all the time lol. How old is your barred cochin now? Crowing yet?

Mine is about 5 months old and hasn't started crowing, I think it's just because he's a wimp tho lol

So I've decided not to get any cochins from the person...
They were hatchery quality.
Instead I am getting some Blue Isbar hens and a Black Isbar rooster from Green fire Farms lines

Thanks! He is hilarious and has quite the personality! He's getting huge eyebrows too so he looks grouchy all the time lol. How old is your barred cochin now? Crowing yet?

Mine is about 5 months old and hasn't started crowing, I think it's just because he's a wimp tho lol

Is he large fowl? If so that may be why he isn't crowing yet. They mature slowly. They have a deep raspy crow too.

Back
Top Bottom