Cochins and Bantams

Cochins do not always lay as well as other breeds cause they go broody almost as much as a silkie. I luv mine so much anyway. They're pets. If the bantams are Old English Game the roo may be combative (orig bred for fighting). Unfamilar at first when I got mine I found mine scored me & Mom several times until he & I finally had it out. He did some better but a possum got him. My young bantam serama mixes are some of the friendliest birds I have (get on your shoulder & talk to you about that treat they want you to give them). Orpingtons are a nice, friendly, calm bird too (also great for a new chicken owner). Luv Doms & want some more. I hope you have fun with your birds. Good luck.

I have three Partridge Cochin standards and they are a nice hen. I think mine started laying earlier than 9 months, but they were later than many of ours. Mine are so big they prefer to lay eggs on the floor instead of in our nest boxes. They are fairly calm, but not overly friendly (and I worked with them a lot.)

This spring I got around 25 assorted bantam Cochin. I am in LOVE. They are so social and a few of them seem to crave human attention. Even the roosters are darling. I have a blue pullet who is so beautiful. I highly recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom