AGG

In the Brooder
Jan 24, 2018
I currently have 2 pairs of zebra finches, 1 pair of diamond doves and king quail in my aviary. I would like to have 1 pair each of budgies and cockatiels in there too but i dont know if its safe?

Some people get away with it, but hook bills (budgies, cockatiels, parrots, etc) are generally not good with finches and doves. There are many stories of finches losing toes (or more!) to budgies.

Depending on the size and climate of your aviary there are other lovely finches you can keep though. There are even lovely color variations of Zebs that you can get from breeders that are so different from normal grey that they will look like a completely different species.

Budgies and cockatiels aren't a good mix with doves or finches. Budgies especially can be bullies. But you could put Neophema/Grass parakeets such as the Turquoise, Scarlet Chested (they are a bit delicate though) or Bourkes parakeets in there and they would be beautiful and peaceful. They really are beautiful birds that have the sweetest songs and don't act aggressively towards other members in the aviary. If you want to breed them it's best to keep one pair per aviary.

My Cockatiels are fine with my finches. Cockatiels are usually pretty non aggressive. Have never had a problem with them. Wouldn’t add budgies to the mix tho, especially not female budgies.

Turquosines can be aggressive when in breeding season. And don’t house two male Turks together. If you want Turks I’d recommend two females. I have a pair of Turks and the male can get a bit aggressive so I’ll keep them on their own come breeding season.

Budgies and cockatiels aren't a good mix with doves or finches. Budgies especially can be bullies. But you could put Neophema/Grass parakeets such as the Turquoise, Scarlet Chested (they are a bit delicate though) or Bourkes parakeets in there and they would be beautiful and peaceful. They really are beautiful birds that have the sweetest songs and don't act aggressively towards other members in the aviary. If you want to breed them it's best to keep one pair per aviary.

Lol my male Turk has got like 9 lives! He’s had eye infections, ear infections, a broken wing, sickness, and a huge wound and lost a lot of blood but he’s recovered every time!

Back
Top Bottom