1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cockeral Bantam Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by disneygirlaudra, Mar 23, 2016.

1. disneygirlaudra

disneygirlaudra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2016
    Oklahoma
    I've never had a rooster and have just had hens a year so I'm somewhat a newbie. I was lured into buying more and more chicks while buying feed at tractor supply. I grabbed this little white puff ball, Sweet Pea, who has turned out to be pretty rowdy and pecky!
    Is that a spur starting? It stands guard over the other chicks even though half of them are standards and twice the size. I'm curious what breed and gender it could be. It's so scruffy and odd but hilarious to watch acting like such big stuff. Thanks in advance.

4 weeks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like a pullet to me......Actually, all chickens have the "button" on the inside of their legs. [​IMG] Believe it or not, I have a pullet with honest-to-goodness spurs!

~Alex

3. Farmgirl0422

Farmgirl0422 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2015
    Central Oregon
    The personality kinda sounds like a rooster but it also looks like a hen to me!

4. disneygirlaudra

Mar 5, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Well that gives me hope! Probably just a bossy bitty :) do you think it's an Easter egger? The legs are turning more greenish.

5. Alexandra33

Hmmmm.....that's a tough one. What kind of comb does it have? [​IMG]

~Alex

6. disneygirlaudra

Mar 5, 2016
    Oklahoma
    I'm pretty sure it's a pea comb but maybe rose. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. disneygirlaudra

Mar 5, 2016
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's Sweet Pea today at almost 8 weeks. I think she's a girl and she is actually the most friendly of the bunch now! Go figure. I'm still guessing Easter Egger but I really don't know. She doesn't have any ear tuffs or a beard though.

8. Alexandra33

Yep, it's a pretty little girlie! [​IMG] But now I'm thinking she's not an EE like we thought. I see a single comb and Columbian pattern, but with green legs.....[​IMG]

~Alex

9. disneygirlaudra

Mar 5, 2016
    Oklahoma
    I'll post pics again at around 12 weeks. Surely we'll know by then! :confused:

10. Alexandra33

Definitely! [​IMG]

~Alex

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by