To TSC they are chickens that produce money.Most of the employees and staff are completely ignorant about basic chicken facts and their breeds,they just sell mixed up bunches of straight run breeds to make a profit.I don’t like to support them for that reason.
💯 Exactly. My son works at Big R, and they are the same way as TSC... he knows more about chickens than the rest of the employees combined.

He told me they actually put something in the chick's feed to constipate them so they don't soil the shavings in their tank!! 🤯 No wonder those poor chicks are so sickly, they are basically given pasty butt on purpose!

Apparently they also had a shipment of chicks delayed, and by the time they got to the store all but a few were dead. I just can't even, those poor babies. 😭

I absolutely will not buy chicks from the big box ranch supply stores.

Oh I agree but most do still call them EEs and worse they keep breeding them as EEs.
I'm not a fan of the whole idea that an EE can literally be anything. Any color eggs, any kind of comb, any skin color, any color/pattern, any shape, muffs, beards or neither.
The description has become so wide that it's ridiculous.

I completely agree, it's becoming a joke at this point. They should try and standardize them to a degree

It's impossible. They're mutts for the most part.

Agreed. They'd still be mutts. I just find ridiculous how you can have EEs that aren't EEs. They should at least be able to lay colored eggs in order to be called EE. Although I do think that it would also help to narrow it down even more. Ameraucana based EE and Legbar based EE for example

Agreed. They'd still be mutts. I just find ridiculous how you can have EEs that aren't EEs. They should at least be able to lay colored eggs in order to be called EE. Although I do think that it would also help to narrow it down even more. Ameraucana based EE and Legbar based EE for example
All they need is to have a colored egger in their background. Even olive egger parents don't always make colored layers

I thought the whole idea behind "Easter Eggers" is they are meant to lay a variety of colours including sometimes shades of pink, tan, cream etc as well as blues and greens so you end up with an easter egg basket. Laying only blue/green eggs wouldn't make for a very colourful basket and takes away the surprise

I thought the whole idea behind "Easter Eggers" is they are meant to lay a variety of colours including sometimes shades of pink, tan, cream etc as well as blues and greens so you end up with an easter egg basket. Laying only blue/green eggs wouldn't make for a very colourful basket and takes away the surprise
That's they typical selling point3

They did standardize them, they where worked on for a long time be become Ameraucana. This is why what most consider the I guess the original ee looks so much like the Ameraucana. The history of both are very entwined and very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom