chickenchick2714

Chirping
Mar 9, 2023
I’m just curious if tractor supply “Easter eggers” are just all breeds that lay various color eggs, The older my chicks get I think I have at least 3 wyandottes, a barred rock or Cochin mix and maybe some classic “Easter eggers” I’m really excited about the variety but the older they get the more I’m questioning what breed they even are?! And my one Easter egger already has red waddles and red comb at 4 weeks but I didn’t think EE had large if any waddles? Are wyandottes considered EE?

True, although you wouldn't consider that an EE, rather a mix breed with colored egg laying lineage. It defeats the whole purpose if you call a brown egg laying bird an EE. But what can ya do, it sells better so people take it and run with it
Oh I agree but most do still call them EEs and worse they keep breeding them as EEs.
I'm not a fan of the whole idea that an EE can literally be anything. Any color eggs, any kind of comb, any skin color, any color/pattern, any shape, muffs, beards or neither.
The description has become so wide that it's ridiculous.

Plenty of EEs that lay brown eggs now days too

True, although you wouldn't consider that an EE, rather a mix breed with colored egg laying lineage. It defeats the whole purpose if you call a brown egg laying bird an EE. But what can ya do, it sells better so people take it and run with it

To TSC they are chickens that produce money.Most of the employees and staff are completely ignorant about basic chicken facts and their breeds,they just sell mixed up bunches of straight run breeds to make a profit.I don’t like to support them for that reason.
💯 Exactly. My son works at Big R, and they are the same way as TSC... he knows more about chickens than the rest of the employees combined.

He told me they actually put something in the chick's feed to constipate them so they don't soil the shavings in their tank!! 🤯 No wonder those poor chicks are so sickly, they are basically given pasty butt on purpose!

Apparently they also had a shipment of chicks delayed, and by the time they got to the store all but a few were dead. I just can't even, those poor babies. 😭

I absolutely will not buy chicks from the big box ranch supply stores.

Back
Top Bottom