cockral with beak trouble

chickenmomva

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 15, 2007
Northern Neck,VA
my little guy is 13 weeks old well he is not little he is big and his name is Demon for the obvious reasons............

his beak looks like he has a hang nail on it almost it is sticking up right where his comb meets his beak between his eyes in the very middle and alittle on his right side I just saw it ----it is maybe a milimeter high and thick.......he is not bothered by it -----it is very small and there is what looks like a hole under it ------------

he is eating and drinking with no problem

i figured he may have scratched it on the pen or on the wood around his run.........you know how they rub their nose on the ground when it is dirty or grass or straw is stuck in their beak............

he is not bleeding or in distress but it looked really weird ???????????

Any advice???????????????????

Oh and I well mention that I have examined from as close as he well let me he is not going to let me pick him up with out some help to corner him he is very much a Demon...........I am not scared of him I am more afraid of the fight that comes when we try to pick him up and I dont want to hurt him

th.gif

Take him off the roost at night when he is sleeping to take a good look. The hole you see is his nostril most likely. If you can get a picture of it that would be great and we can then tell you better how to proceed.

I gave him some treats yesterday and he got in my lap............I thought boy you must be sick to do that!!!!!!!!! I think what happened was that he scrathed it or something it is not a hole like I thought it was more like piece sticking up ..........it is not there anymore he must have rubbed and it came off.............I can see where it was scrathed I think he will be ok.........will it grow back????? or will he just always have a big scratch on his beak????

Back
Top Bottom