We have horrible heat here just now called a heat wave as we do not normaly have it close to 100 today they are saying..
Giving ice and frozen veggies
We're accustomed to this miserable weather. Apparently folks in WA and Ore are not and many do not even have AC resulting in increased weather related deaths. :(

We're accustomed to this miserable weather. Apparently folks in WA and Ore are not and many do not even have AC resulting in increased weather related deaths. :(
Guess I whine pretty good brought them with to move here. Two of them my Ma gave us :frow

Thank you! Yeah, let me see if they will upload. I’m in town so I can only have 4, but plan to have more when I move outside of town. 3 Bantys and a Gold Sex Link. Bantys: gold seabright, golden silkie, barred chicken.
floor looks like crap now, I raked it yesterday and made a holder for it and didn’t get to the mowing yesterday to put in the clippings, got too tired. And then it rained last night lol. My freaking luck.
Dimensions: run is apx 7x9, coop 3x6.
i made modifications to it, like adding ventilation and a board to hold in more straw for the nesting boxes.
other than having my husband help me with the posts, cement and the goat fence, I did it all by myself.
I like it, I have the same coop, was trying to figure out how to expand the run area, now I know, t poles and wire I have, a questions I have what is the white thingy hanging inside looks like a thermometer and how do you access the run area for cleaning.

I like it, I have the same coop, was trying to figure out how to expand the run area, now I know, t poles and wire I have, a questions I have what is the white thingy hanging inside looks like a thermometer and how do you access the run area for cleaning.
White thingy is the outside part of an inside outside thermometer, so I can monitor the temperature.
Regarding getting in and out of the run… I use the tiny coop door! I’m a skinny young thing lol.
I think that I have more picture of it on my coop on my profile, and you can see the stages there also. The 4 corners of the run are concreted in. I also used a staple gun to attach the wire to the underside of the roof. It took a lot of work and time but it was worth it. I had to piece together the wire for the top, 5 10.5 feet strips.
Invest in one of those rabbit cage crimpers. Tool is about 16 and a bag of crimpers is about 4. Saves a ton of pain doing attachments by hand with fencing wire. Still have to use fencing wire to attach the goat fence to the posts, but you can attach the chicken wire to it easily with the crimpers.
I’m actually digging now to lay 16 inch pavers around it.
B524E41F-2C65-4098-9454-97711A1AB7CA.jpeg

Here’s the thread on the making lol. Hubby was going to add a door to the run, but we will be moving probably within a year so he isn’t going to. I can get in through the coop door fine lol.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/your-opinions-on-my-coop-please.1464361/

Back
Top Bottom