That's the biggest problem. People treat them as a personal loan and seem to not understand the interest rate part of it. I'm glad to have never gotten bound up in a credit card.
There are those people who use them wrong.
That is not the way to use them.
I have 5 cards I use regularly. The total credit limit on them is about $43,000. Other than when I was flipping houses and could charge up to $30,000 on the HD and Lowes cards, I always just pay off the entire balance.
When I had charged high amounts from flipping, it was always interest free for 18 to 24 months with a minimum payment. The house sold, I immediately paid off the cards.
This behavior has netted me a credit score of 835. If I need to, I can waltz into my local credit union and waltz back out with a $30,000 signature loan. Nothing else required but my signature. That can be very handy when there is a house you want to buy and flip but don't have enough cash ATM to close because you are waiting for the one you just sold to close.

I think my husband figured it out once and we are burning about 20 tons per winter. He likes it a bit cooler than I do but keeps it warmer for me. We have one old growth oak on the ground right now waiting for the weather to turn and the pasture to dry out so we can start harvesting it. It Succumbed to oak wilt last summer, which made me sad as it was a beautiful rambling white oak tree.

So we start in spring as soon as conditions permit and hope to have all of the wood to the barn, split, and piled by the end of June but we ran late this past year due to a very wet spring.

We usually drop two or three large trees to thin out the timber and then top off with dead fall. It's a lot of work but when we are done it gives you a real feeling of accomplishment.
We burn about 3.5 to 4 tons depending on the year for a 1225 sq ft house. This year, we probably won't even hit 3 tons. I walk around in bare feet so we keep it toasty in the main part of the house. The bedroom MUST be cool or I cannot sleep. We keep it 10-15 degrees cooler in there.

Good morning Club and thanks for the coffee, Shad.
I'll be making my trip to Penn Yan today. I abandoned ship yesterday as my car was making some grinding noises after we cleared Owego. I turned around about 25 miles into the 82 mile trip.
The car passed the NYS inspection appointment I had for it in the afternoon. The mechanic said my left front wheel bearing was a little loose. I had both front bearings replaced about 6 years ago. Apparently, they are only guaranteed for 3 years. I should feel lucky about the 6 years but I don't. I paid a lot of money for them.

This also helps build a great credit score.
I have a great story about being a young divorced woman with no credit.
Woman at the bank gave me a talking to that I can still hear today.

I think my husband figured it out once and we are burning about 20 tons per winter.
I wondered about how to convert cords to tons.

We laughingly say we are the most hated people at our credit card company as they never get any interest off of us. :yesss:
Yup, I've had basically the same card for ~40 years, paid interest maybe 3 times, had others forgiven because I always paid in full every month.

The sun is OUT, it's rather alarming, being so rare.
Man, my windows are dirty. :lol:
12°F in coop at 8am...brrr....supposed to be near 50 over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom