Coffee mistakes

Just for a little realistic humor. I have literally made every coffee making mistake, of course, because I hadn't had my coffee yet while trying to make my coffee.
There are the simple ones like not realizing the coffee maker is unplugged, or forgetting to turn it on. Then you move slightly up the scale to things like not putting coffee in, or not putting any water in.

I sometimes take things to higher levels. I mean, why not be the best at what you do. I have a nice electric grinder with a hopper and settings for finer or coarser grind. It was given to me by someone who bought a fancier one. One time I poured the water into the grinder instead of the back of the coffee maker. Some mornings don't go as well as others.

I've also dumped the whole beans into the back of the coffee maker instead of the grinder.
Even worse, I've poured the ground coffee into the back of the coffee maker, with the water already in it. Quite a mess. Then there is forgetting to put a filter in, or forgetting to put the pot on the one coffee maker I had that didn't have the little thing that stops the flow, so you can remove the pot while it's brewing because you are so desperate for that first cup. Even if it did have the little valve, the filter holder would have just filled up before spilling all over the counter and floor.
I have spilled an almost entire bag of beans on the floor. And yes, I carefully scooped them up and blew them off, before returning them to the bag.
The most bizarre incident was while making breakfast. I managed to get the coffee on without screwing anything up. I had my toast in the toaster oven and was frying a couple of eggs. I opened the cabinet to get the pepper, and knocked the salt shaker off the shelf. As it fell, I heard a little chink sound and thought it had broken, but I looked and it was intact on the floor. The sound I had heard was the salt shaker hitting the edge of the coffee pot, which Was broken. Luckily I had a spare coffee maker in the closet upstairs.

Just for a little realistic humor. I have literally made every coffee making mistake, of course, because I hadn't had my coffee yet while trying to make my coffee.
There are the simple ones like not realizing the coffee maker is unplugged, or forgetting to turn it on. Then you move slightly up the scale to things like not putting coffee in, or not putting any water in.

I sometimes take things to higher levels. I mean, why not be the best at what you do. I have a nice electric grinder with a hopper and settings for finer or coarser grind. It was given to me by someone who bought a fancier one. One time I poured the water into the grinder instead of the back of the coffee maker. Some mornings don't go as well as others.

I've also dumped the whole beans into the back of the coffee maker instead of the grinder.
Even worse, I've poured the ground coffee into the back of the coffee maker, with the water already in it. Quite a mess. Then there is forgetting to put a filter in, or forgetting to put the pot on the one coffee maker I had that didn't have the little thing that stops the flow, so you can remove the pot while it's brewing because you are so desperate for that first cup. Even if it did have the little valve, the filter holder would have just filled up before spilling all over the counter and floor.
I have spilled an almost entire bag of beans on the floor. And yes, I carefully scooped them up and blew them off, before returning them to the bag.
The most bizarre incident was while making breakfast. I managed to get the coffee on without screwing anything up. I had my toast in the toaster oven and was frying a couple of eggs. I opened the cabinet to get the pepper, and knocked the salt shaker off the shelf. As it fell, I heard a little chink sound and thought it had broken, but I looked and it was intact on the floor. The sound I had heard was the salt shaker hitting the edge of the coffee pot, which Was broken. Luckily I had a spare coffee maker in the closet upstairs.
I can relate to a few of these mistakes and they are always funny afterwards 😂. The coffee beans on the floor, you have the "5 second rule" . To prevent these things from happening, we make sure the coffee maker is ready the night before.

I wish I could pick more than one reaction! I want to love it and I want to use the laughing emoji!

I switched to decaf 7 years ago when I started having kids and have never regretted it. I still drink decaf, even though I'm not breastfeeding or pregnant at the moment. It's nice to get up in the morning and not be reliant on that hit of caffeine to wake up. I never drank that much anyway, and probably only have coffee three times a week or so, so it wasn't a huge transition. ☺️

I'm right there with you. I've poured ground coffee into the grinder (more than once), I've put grounds into my cup (after the honey) instead of into the french press, just recently put the coffee scoop in the honey jar, then promptly snapped it in half while drying it. I grind beans as needed, and usually forget to grind any at night for the next day, so if I'm up early I unplug the grinder and carry it into the laundry room to keep the noise down. I could write a book about those adventures!

I drink coffee all throughout the day and evening, and sadly, many of my mishaps occur while fully conscious!

I can relate to a few of these mistakes and they are always funny afterwards 😂. The coffee beans on the floor, you have the "5 second rule" . To prevent these things from happening, we make sure the coffee maker is ready the night before.
Sometimes I'll have the filter in ahead of time, but I like to grind my beans right before brewing.
My father in law made the worst coffee I ever drank, but I would have some when I went there, just to be polite.
I used to be strictly a tea drinker until I entered the workforce on co-op from trade school. Spells coop without that little dash. Anyway, in the first shop I worked in, they used instant coffee and Creamora. (that spelling doesn't look right). You put your dime in the box and made the coffee. Second shop had a coffee machine, still 10 cents. When I camped I used a glass percolator, and let it boil a fair amount of time.
On the climate march, we used one of those funnel things with a filter and poured boiling water over the grounds.
I guess if you like coffee, you'll get used to whatever is available.... unless it's my father in law's

I'm right there with you. I've poured ground coffee into the grinder (more than once), I've put grounds into my cup (after the honey) instead of into the french press, just recently put the coffee scoop in the honey jar, then promptly snapped it in half while drying it. I grind beans as needed, and usually forget to grind any at night for the next day, so if I'm up early I unplug the grinder and carry it into the laundry room to keep the noise down. I could write a book about those adventures!

I drink coffee all throughout the day and evening, and sadly, many of my mishaps occur while fully conscious!
Yeah, I used to put one of those oven mitts over the top, and wrap a dish towel around the grinder to try and muffle the noise

Back
Top Bottom