Coffee's ready...

Merry christmas one and all flock owners
I hope you'all had a wonderfull holiday.
having my first cup of coffee, slept in a little later,
Idid.... a good thing last night.
went out after bedtime and added warm water
to all water feeders and add ed to all pellet feeders
a few extra cups of corn for breakfast.
even the roos were content to stay quiet
sa little longer
after eating their extra treat.
frow.gif

Sorry to hear about your Mr. Peep Tonopah Pati. It's not easy, I know. Lost both my favorite cat and hen this year. What a bummer.

My breathing is much better and thankful I was feeling better for Christmas. I did give my doctor a Christmas card with a special thank you note inside. Told him I was sorry for being a pain calling so often in the last few months, but he said he knew I would never call him unneccessarily. I am on a brand new med and it's working great! And I'm even sleeping through the night!! First time since like May.

Chickens got some of their leftover loaf of bread from yesterday this morning. Hauled in 6 eggs already. They were busy last night!

Opa, I'm still trying to get ONE deer! Late bow season starts today but I think it's way too windy to sit in a tree stand right now. I shot at a doe and missed, also let a small one walk by. It walked like 7 or 8 feet away from me and never knew I was sitting there, bright orange and all. We still got lots of venison in the freezer so we aren't desperate. Of course, we take road kill when the opportunity comes along.

Have a good weekend everyone and enjoy those leftovers.
caf.gif

Last edited:
Spent the morning in the woods and only saw turkeys and watched the snow falling. Snow has quit now so I don't have excuse to not clean coops, unless one of you want to come and do it for me.

Afternoon All, still sipping coffee. Yep I slept in this morning. Felt good. Now doing laundry and other chores in the house.

Thank You Scoop. It sure is hard Loosing a pet sometimes. Even if you know they will be better off. I guess we should hang onto the good memories.

My XDH made venison breakfast burritos 3 dozen. Yum they are really good. I sure am glad he brought his Elk and Deer meat down from the mountains with him. I will enjoy it all winter.

Had a very nice Christmas at home, very peaceful. We both needed that. please everyone everyone vote for Anne. Only a few days to go and she has slipped to 6 place.

Every one have a great day.

Keep those chicks warm.

Please vote for Anne. Only a few more days to go.

Last edited:
It was so warm on Christmas here in Jax and today it was chilly! I wish I had a feather coat like my chickees - they are warm as toast in the coop on cold days.

thanks for the cuppa joe
Caroline

caf.gif
Good morning all flock owners.
having the first cup of coffee,before I start the day
and its chilly here, the big coop will have to get more wood shavings.
to keep my ladies warm and toasty.the wind was terriable yesterday
chilly but no snow.
I though the metel roof would fly off the main coop.
Tonopah sorry you lost your pet ,
and Scoo-p I did not know you also
lost your cat sorry , thats
a heart breaker.My DB sent me some venison
so Its going to be a great dinner tonight.
what a treat. you'all stay warm and keep the
flock warm and They will make your Breakfast
gig.gif

Good morning chicken wranglers
snow on Christmas and cold temps to boot.We got 3 inches of rain the day befor and as I carried water to the flock I could feel the temp dropping befor It finished it was snow and by 5 we had accumulation. I think altogether we have 6 to8 inches on the ground now. No relief in sight.

Have a goood day God bless!

Good Afternoon everyone, Gloomy day today, overcast. I am so spoiled having sunshine that if I get one overcast day, I get the blaaaaaaa feeling. I want my sun shine. I was going to hang sheets out today. NOT! I will wait for tomorrow. It will be a better day for clothes drying. I am getting excited waiting for my XDH to get home. He bought me a leather Recliner from CL and went to pick it up. looks and sounds quite new. I have a Recliner that is for a small person. It fits me perfect. My other two lounge chairs are just plain worn out. They are not comfy any more. getting rid of both. He needed it for his self to set in and will leave it for me when he goes back up the mountain for the summer. All my sons and him are big guys. They can stop complaining about small furniture.
gig.gif
I guess I got that off my chest. Any how I am ready for a change.

Good morning chicken wranglers
All quiet and cold in central Il.Tonopah I hope the furniture fairie gets you taken care of.The rest of you guys lets step it up I need to see posts.God bless!

It's cold and clear, and I still have the flu. But the days are getting longer now, and I have already sent in my spring seed order, so I haven't given up on life - that's a good thing.
Thanks for making me smile, Karl.
smile.png

Only a few days left before Twenty-Ten. One of my jobs for today, before my energy gives out, is to get all the paperwork that needs to be done done, before the year changes. I am dreaming about hatching eggs again - this could be dangerous. I would like to add some Welsummers to my flock.

Have a great day, Friends.

Back
Top Bottom