Coffee's ready...

Quote: I'm fully aware of the insects in chocolate, but choose to eat it on purpose.
big_smile.png

I don't think rodent droppings are allowed here, at least not in amounts that would show up in laboratory testing as different bacterial strains.

insects are the food of the past, John the Baptist ate locusts, and many cultures eat beetles and other insects. But I said meat not crunchy mushy stuff

Afternoon, Hicks. What's on the to do list today then?

Well it rained so I've stopped for now, but do have coops to clean.

Anyhow got the painting of the trim done on the front of the house. I had to scrape, prime it, replace rotted wood and then paint it. I also caulked first too. I know the paints say one coat but I've yet to find any paint that covers in one coat. When you buy a house most likely the previous owner will have done a crap job and covered the flaws with paint.

We've been watching alot of HGTV and the renovations shows. I'm not surprised by the stuff they find behind that sheet rock. I don't understand where these people live as the houses are hugely expensive. For a quarter of those prices you can buy a brand newly built house here and with more land!

Though I would love for the "Property Brothers" to come to this house.
big_smile.png
DW has always wanted a sewing room and we do need a second bathroom upstairs but I've no idea where or how to put one in.

Also while I had the extension ladder out and up clean the gutters that were filled with crud. Too I've research on "gutter guards" and all those type of devices and fact it nothing really works. You'll still have to get up there and clean gutters. Mine are NOT properly installed and the water does not flow the way it should.

Nextdoor neighbors had the rest of a tree cut down that fell this year and did minor damage to the trim on the corner of our house. One section leaned over our house and if it had fell, and I'm not sure it was a good thing that it didn't, is no longer a threat.

I still have no idea what to do to improve out curb appeal.

I saw a gutter cleaning robot for sale somewhere. I wonder if those really work.

I've seen those too. I've researched all those things. Trouble is they're more work than just using a ladder, which you still have to climb to put it in the gutter, than doing it yourself.

Now I did make a connector to hook up to my shop vac to "suck" the debri out with and it does work okay, but the stuff I had in there was growing so it wouldn't have been much help.

Our house is a single floor and the gutters not high up. You do have to use it more often to keep things from piling up.
wink.png

What I did was take some PVC pipe and make a "hook" on the end that goes into the gutter. The other end connects to my shop vac. Like and upside down J. It works fairly well and I don't have to climb a ladder. It does give the arms a workout holding it up there and moving down the line.

I've seen those too. I've researched all those things. Trouble is they're more work than just using a ladder, which you still have to climb to put it in the gutter, than doing it yourself.

Now I did make a connector to hook up to my shop vac to "suck" the debri out with and it does work okay, but the stuff I had in there was growing so it wouldn't have been much help.  

Our house is a single floor and the gutters not high up.  You do have to use it more often to keep things from piling up. ;)

What I did was take some PVC pipe and make a "hook" on the end that goes into the gutter. The other end connects to my shop vac.  Like and upside down J.  It works fairly well and I don't have to climb a ladder.  It does give the arms a workout holding it up there and moving down the line.  
I think you need a more powerful motor on it to compensate for the loss of suction through the extended "hose"
Does that sound like something you could do?

I think you need a more powerful motor on it to compensate for the loss of suction through the extended "hose"
Does that sound like something you could do?

No it works just fine as long as you do it more often and don't let debri pile up to the point you have little plants growing like this side of the house did.
lol.png
It means using a long extension cord and dragging the shop vac along. They don't roll easy on grass.

I used it on the garage side and it picked up pieces of shingle the roofers left in the gutter. Doing it more than once a year helps.

I used duct tape to connect the pvc piping to the shop vac hose. Kinda like this, but home made and no kit to buy. I just found this looking for the set up I saw a while ago. This set up looks like it might be lighter and easier to use than my PVC set up.

31Aq4GFG1tL._AA160_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom