Color genetics question. (Mottled Java and cream Brabanter)

Pattern would likely be somewhat similar to a very messy mille fleur after a while, but first gen wouldn't be particularly interesting. Mottling is recessive and wouldn't show up, cream dilutes red/brown tones and is recessive as well, you'd probably get mostly black birds with small crests, weird combs, and red leakage with black feather tips.

Pattern would likely be somewhat similar to a very messy mille fleur after a while, but first gen wouldn't be particularly interesting. Mottling is recessive and wouldn't show up, cream dilutes red/brown tones and is recessive as well, you'd probably get mostly black birds with small crests, weird combs, and red leakage with black feather tips.
Ick. Sounds like a mess. Is spangling also recessive?

As I recall, the spangling shows up in first-gen crosses, just somewhat incomplete.

Side note, I'm going to be hatching mottled Houdan x Lavender Legbar cross chicks as soon as the Houdan girls start laying again, so will have some of the same stuff happening... but I'll have both cream AND lavender dilution and mottling as my recessive traits, plus barring. Probably duplex single combs. I started a thread the other day about different comb types and someone shared photos of Brabanter x Dominique crosses. They'd be similar to what you'd get from this proposed cross.

As I recall, the spangling shows up in first-gen crosses, just somewhat incomplete.

Side note, I'm going to be hatching mottled Houdan x Lavender Legbar cross chicks as soon as the Houdan girls start laying again, so will have some of the same stuff happening... but I'll have both cream AND lavender dilution and mottling as my recessive traits, plus barring. Probably duplex single combs. I started a thread the other day about different comb types and someone shared photos of Brabanter x Dominique crosses. They'd be similar to what you'd get from this proposed cross.
Thank you will go look for that thread.

Back
Top Bottom