1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    [​IMG]Every one of us has essentially that relationship with our folks I guess. My son visited my folks over a few summers before he graduated from high school, and one year he came home and told me what a wonderful time he had and all the things he did, and then asked me why Grandma and Grandpa kept trying to tell him what to think :)

I have a similar relationship with my Mom, to the extent that when I see the phrase, "pursed lips," I think of her disapproving looks - and yet she has supported me wholeheartedly when I needed her to, and I wouldn't trade her for anything.

2. coloradogal

coloradogal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    I love her and I can't see myself trading her in for another Mom either...not that I haven't thought about it once or twice. :)

I'm trying to find a diy duck boot pattern. I type that in my search engine and come up with Duckhead boots. sigh

3. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

No prob. We'll talk about buying some stuff when I get my tax return, OK?

4. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington

Defiantly, just let me know when the time comes and I will make sure you get the best price possible. :)

5. dennarahl

dennarahl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2012
    Colorado
    Good luck! We've had luck with our bumblefoot chickens, but haven't experienced it with our geese yet. I should probably look up how to make booties for the geese in case they ever do have a foot injury, because I can't fathom how you would wrap one of their feet.

6. dennarahl

dennarahl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2012
    Colorado
    It's not a pattern, but the pics in this thread may help...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/654484/duck-booties-for-bumblefoot-2-pairs

7. Ashdoes

Ashdoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2012
    Peyton, CO
    Today I was quoted $20,000 to have our driveway done...wow. I remember thinking, that big circle driveway is wonderful, when we bought the house. Now I'm like, dang it! Sure did put a damper on my day.
    Guess we'll build a deck instead.

8. Minchi

Minchi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    Parker, CO
    The loud one is a SLW, she was an early hatched(someone one forced her to hatch a week early) chick if that matters.

Wendel
    My golden EE is laying pinkish eggs.

...and I am working for Thanksgiving

9. coloradogal

coloradogal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    I ordered some tricide-neo and ducky boots. Tonight I soaked her in an epsom/milk bath sink, globbed neomycin/prep. H and covered the 3 spots with bandaids. She's sleeping overnight in the bathtub on newspapers. What would I do if I didn't have an extra bathtub? I'm going to try to make some booties tomorrow until the other ones come in. The 2 spots on the bottom of one foot are very small and I suspect easily treated. The other larger spot on the other is bigger so suspect it will take a couple of weeks doing the protocol to get it healed. I'm going to check the other 2 ducks tomorrow to make sure they are doing well and suspect I will have to start doing a monthly foot check of them to catch this earlier.

Ever have one of those days where you doubt every bit of knowledge that you possess?

10. jgurshtein

jgurshtein Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Ok, if you have special coop shoes, where do you keep them? I'm thinking outside the door to the coop would be inviting rain and whatnot to gather in them, but inside the house and you've brought chicken poo in!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by