Colorado

My girls are happy with layer feed and oyster shell from Big R. Though they hardly ever eat it because they get oatmeal with raisins for breakfast, banana's for lunch and a tossed salad for dinner. Plus there is always scratch grains in the run. Always love the baby pics! post them when you can
big_smile.png

Quote:
Newchiknmomma: I'm so glad you asked this, I'm very interested in finding a source for organic feed without corn or soy too! Hopefully someone will have a lead for us.

My girls are happy with layer feed and oyster shell from Big R. Though they hardly ever eat it because they get oatmeal with raisins for breakfast, banana's for lunch and a tossed salad for dinner. Plus there is always scratch grains in the run. Always love the baby pics! post them when you can
big_smile.png
Is that organic feed and does it have corn and soy in the ingredients? I give my girls kitchen veggie scraps and yogurt and oyster shell as well. I also grind up the egg shells very fine and feed that to them. My mom always did that. The shells of our girls are nice and solid and their eggs are beautiful. I just have some egg customers who would prefer eggs from chickens that haven't been fed soy and corn. How many girls do you have?

Is anyone hatching any olive eggers in the next week or two?
I have a broody and I really want some olive eggers. I would rather get chicks than try to hatch the eggs. Just because I have never done either and chicks seem easier.
Also, my hen has been broody for about 10 or 12 days so I want to get her some chicks soon.
Thanks.
mo

My chicks arrived this morning! 27 healthy, peeping fuzzies! They are settling in right now but I could about scream on one thing; it looks like they included barred rock and black Australorps. They are close to identical as chicks. Guess I will figure it out when I get a chance to look closer in an hour or two. DS's nap time.

Ok, the link isn't working for everyone so here is the ad.

Truly evil Rooster Chicken - $1 (west chester)

If you are looking for an evil nemisis I have your rooster, Sneaky ******* is 2 pounds of pure devil spawn, Do not let his beautiful long feathers fool you. They are just there to disguise his giant pair of NUTS! He is a 1 year old rare breed Japanese Yokohama.His favorite trick is to hide in the bushes and attack you from behind. His loud crowing can be heard from miles around... all day long.

Why not wring his neck for Coq au vin you ask? I know he would be to tough and stringy. Nor would I ever allow him to go to anyone I suspected had fighting roosters. It would be unfair to the other roosters.

So if you like having to constantly be on your toes in the barn, If you enjoy being stalked. If you have neighbors you
would like to make miserable and keep up all night. If you have no regard for your ankles or the ankles of others I have your rooster. Please put" I am ready to suffer" in your title if you would like me to answer.

No PETA nut jobs need to give me crap. I hand raised this boy and fed him treats, let him free range and tried to love him and be good to him. This proves Love does not always triumph over evil.
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3622275117 Posted: 2013-02-16, 5:04PM EST Edited: 2013-02-17, 2:49PM EST email to a friend
Oh my goodness I love this! Thank you for the laugh. Sooo not interested in your naughty rooster but just had to tell you this made my day!
clap.gif

Is anyone hatching any olive eggers in the next week or two?
I have a broody and I really want some olive eggers. I would rather get chicks than try to hatch the eggs. Just because I have never done either and chicks seem easier.
Also, my hen  has been broody for about 10 or 12 days so I want to get her some chicks soon.
Thanks.
mo

I am have some chicks that hopefully will be hatching around the 24th.(next Sunday). They come from a mixed flock of black copper Marans and americanas. They should produce an olive colored egg, they may be pure EE or pure BCM. It's a toss up. You can have some if you would like. I am in Colorado Springs. No charge. I have no idea how many might hatch I have 13 that still look viable but I'm not sure what might come of that. Let me know if your interested as I was hoping to find a nice home for these guys. I would rather give them to BYC members then random Craigslist people.

Back
Top Bottom