Colorado

Hello all. I thought I would introduce myself on the Colorado thread. I live on the edge of Broomfield/Adams and just bought 9 chicks last weekend. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting help on my chicken adventure!
woot.gif

Anna

PS Still learning how to use the forums so not sure how to add my signature yet.
hu.gif
Welcome! What breeds did you get?

The next time I am in the area I will have to check that out. I love the re-store and we have bought many items there to build the coop. The re-store has some good prices and then some bad. Depending on what you need, you have to pick threw to find the good deals.

Whenever I feed yogurt to my chicks I have never had pasty butt. I simply mix the crumbles with the yogurt add a little water if necessary and feed on a plastic lid. I remove all other food(crumbles) and they get used to eating yogurt very quickly. As a matter of fact, the first food my day olds get is yogurt/crumbles mix. Probiotics are always a good thing. good luck.

i need a bigger coop. hubby und i are thinking on getting a heartland shed kit and converting it in a coop. has any one done this?

Dnetschke, glad to hear your coop ist done, which wire are you planing to use for your run out of?
I'm stuck between Amazon\ebay wire(whatever I can find), ReStore (if I'm lucky), or the Plastic version from Lowe's or Home Depot.
This will be my major expense in this project as I'm sure most of yall know.

Picking up baby chicks tomorrow , hoping they have a good trip and are in good shape! Brooder set up, probiotics for water, crumbles, and heat light. Set now am getting very excited. Took off work in the morning so I can get everyone settled. Hoping for a slow day at work so I can come home early. Hope they arrive on time, they shipped from Cackle Wednesday morning. Hoping my Marans are ok after reading the previous threads. Fingers crossed!

Whenever I feed yogurt to my chicks I have never had pasty butt. I simply mix the crumbles with the yogurt add a little water if necessary and feed on a plastic lid. I remove all other food(crumbles) and they get used to eating yogurt very quickly. As a matter of fact, the first food my day olds get is yogurt/crumbles mix. Probiotics are always a good thing. good luck.

I actually have tried this several times. I mixed plain yogurt with crumbles and serves it on a Tupperware lid. I have done this every other day for 2 weeks. Still no progress.

Hello all. I thought I would introduce myself on the Colorado thread. I live on the edge of Broomfield/Adams and just bought 9 chicks last weekend. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting help on my chicken adventure!
woot.gif

Anna

PS Still learning how to use the forums so not sure how to add my signature yet.
hu.gif

Enjoy your chicks, they get big fast!

I actually have tried this several times. I mixed plain yogurt with crumbles and serves it on a Tupperware lid. I have done this every other day for 2 weeks. Still no progress.

How old are your chicks again? I wonder if it might help to set up a wind-blocked pen for them outside and let them scratch around in the dirt and grass for a while? Or use some other form of probiotics maybe, Mayah has a few different forms available. I suppose the other possibility is chlorinated water killing off what you are trying to add to their guts - perhaps let the water distill overnight, or boil and cool, before you give it to them? I would think the ACV would overcome that, but who knows?

Back
Top Bottom