Colorado

Pozees gave a great answer. The first sitting could take up to three days, although its warm right now, so it should go faster. The wetter mine is the faster and more vigorously it bubbles, then I add dry till I like the thickness. I keep mine outside right now, and am hoping to keep it outside this winter as well. I really hated dragging it in and out, and I dislike the smell in the house.
Thanks Ashdoes. I thought with the heat and possible bugs I will keep mine inside for now. Is in a small container, but it might outgrow its container!! Kinda scary! Doesn;t help that I had to add some more water and mother vinegar last night, and then again a small amount this morning, so it is completely covered. Lesson one, use a bigger container!!!

Yep, it does puff up a bit. Once you get the hang of it, you know exactly how much to add of each thing.
There's no way you'll be dumping it out...the chickens go nuts for it. If they don't just eat it, sprinkle some scratch or something on the top. For some reason wet food confuses them, but they get into it pretty quick.

Yep, it does puff up a bit. Once you get the hang of it, you know exactly how much to add of each thing.
There's no way you'll be dumping it out...the chickens go nuts for it. If they don't just eat it, sprinkle some scratch or something on the top. For some reason wet food confuses them, but they get into it pretty quick.
Got it. I may just feed this in the morning, and then start another batch with less feed, this just grew, and grew. I should know how much it would puff up, as I have feed wet mush alfalfa pellets to older horses, and bucket can only be filled less than half with the pellets.

Hi Chicken Friends,

At the risk of not minding my own business, I wanted to mention that there's a person on the Colorado Chickens FB page offering to buy, sell, and trade unwanted chickens. If you click on his profile and do a basic google search, there is info you might want to know before you get involved. Now back to minding my own business . . . .

ok, so my 15 month old black sex link, who has not had a first molt yet, is loosing feathers on her stomach/ribs/neck....i think its a molt due to no evidence of lice/mites but she has 2 patches that are bright red and another patch or two of scaly looking skin. Is that a sign of something other then a molt going on? I sprayed the largest red area with some blue kote because i saw some evidence of pecking on it but i wouldn't even know what to start googling if there were something else going on.....any ideas? suggestions? wisdoms? I did put a few extra handfuls of DE in all nesting boxes, the coop floor, and the run as a precaution for insects....

ok, so my 15 month old black sex link, who has not had a first molt yet, is loosing feathers on her stomach/ribs/neck....i think its a molt due to no evidence of lice/mites but she has 2 patches that are bright red and another patch or two of scaly looking skin. Is that a sign of something other then a molt going on? I sprayed the largest red area with some blue kote because i saw some evidence of pecking on it but i wouldn't even know what to start googling if there were something else going on.....any ideas? suggestions? wisdoms? I did put a few extra handfuls of DE in all nesting boxes, the coop floor, and the run as a precaution for insects....
Not going to be much help, as I have no first hand experience with red patches, but could she be sunburned? Does she spend a lot of time outside? I came across this thread last week, is interesting reading about scales, mites, lice, and gleet. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-horrors-anyone-want-to-follow-their-progress

Hi Chicken Friends,

At the risk of not minding my own business, I wanted to mention that there's a person on the Colorado Chickens FB page offering to buy, sell, and trade unwanted chickens. If you click on his profile and do a basic google search, there is info you might want to know before you get involved. Now back to minding my own business . . . .
Was this they guy on CL who was taking in all unwanted animals and then selling them??????

Back
Top Bottom